Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89' Now has 245,000 miles!
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Autocrossed junior in his b8 powah! Was fun but all over with street tires.
      Ford Fester

Comment

• Today I wired up non-heated O2 sensors into my festiva and then fired it up and it actually idles on its own again (still on the stock ECU)
        Last edited by Damkid; 07-15-2012, 02:33 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• New-used hlas installed on the bullet.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
          91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
          92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
          95 Grand Prix SE DD
          Wife's Stuff:
          89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
          97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
          Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post

I gave the lady back her tire iron and thanked her several times and she went along her way. I put the Mrs. to work getting ahold of my dad while I scrounged through everything to find anything I could use to cut or puncture the brake line. The wife joined in the search. Anything sharp, anything at all... Spare fuse? No, I can find something better. After several more minutes shuffling through what little was in the car and shouting things to look for: knife, razor blade, scraper, sharp pencil, scissors, cuticle nippers, finger nail clippers, pick. My wife interjects my listing with, "I've got tweezers and a roach clip."

Score!

So I take the alligator clip and use it like a saw to remove the rubber layer. I then took the tweezers and began digging at the nylon braid. I just can't quite get through. After about five minutes digging furiously trying to break my car to drive it home I think I'm close enough to blow it with the pedal. So I get up off the hot pavement and hop into the driver's seat and push as hard as I can... Pop! Now the moment of truth... Success!

The caliper released. The Mrs. called dad back while I limped home without brakes. That was my afternoon.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
            This is exactly why I don't even get out of bed without a knife in my pocket! I don't leave the house without a backup knife to my knife!
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• I removed the door hinge screwed into my poor Festy, fixed the hatch latch, and put in a temporary caulk into the holes to keep rust from developing until I can give the holes a more permanent fix. One step at a time. ^_^

Comment

• Choke Plate

My carb didn't have a choke plate, so I took one off of a Isuzu Impulse and modified it to fit.
                Harrison M.
                motobase8@yahoo.com | 91montero4x4@gmail.com

1989 Festiva Hatchback L 4 spd (project tuner)-33 MPG
                1991 Mitsubishi Montero 4x4 (offroader)-14 MPG
                1971 Datsun 240z (in restoration)
                1966 Ford Falcon (restored)

Driving is a passion.

Comment

• Finally drove my turbo festy after sitting for 3 months with low compression on #4. Still low and pushing mass amounts of oil everywhere, but still running strong. I had almost forgotten how fun that car is to drive. Time to get moved into the new house and get the new engine assembled and installed before Indystiv.a
                  Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                  93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                  91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                  93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                  15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                  88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Swapped coils, which fixed nothing. Cleaned cap and rotor, which helped. Found that timing advance vacuum lines were on the dizzy backwards, fixed that.

While cleaning the cap and rotor, noticed that the rotor looked new in the middle and on one side, but had heavy carbon on the right edge, looking at it installed. Need to adjust ignition timing.

Comment

• almost finished putting in a dealer a/c into my '89 carb... just need to finish up the wiring (the plug don't match up correct but almost there)... then tomorrow I hope to start my tranny swap.... oh and need to finish wiring up my new tach

Comment

• -Zack
                        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• that almost doesn't even look real Rog..

but looks awesome!!
                          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• I'm exited to get them on the car but I need to get an alignment before I do
                            -Zack
                            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by walth View Post
                              that almost doesn't even look real Rog..

but looks awesome!!
                              X2! Amazing job!

Comment

• Originally posted by sam.1956 View Post
                                Finally painted my rear bumper to match the rest of the car. Not too shabby for a rattle-can job I think.

Mine next!

Comment

Working...
                                X