Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tore down another B6D head tonight. Nothing exciting there, but... When I was compressing one of the valves and the retainers released one of them when flying out and bounced off the wall and then the floor and I heard it land in the plastic case that my spring compressor lives in when I'm not using it. Well, I had been putting the retainers in one of the little cubby places in the case, but I thought, "what are the odds?". Knowing that I have about a thousand other retainers if I needed one I just continued my disassembly. When I was done I put the retainers in a plastic tub for storage, and I counted them. 32! I couldn't believe it! That little retainer went bouncing off the wall, off the floor and into the little cubby with the other retainers! Just one of those lucky shots I guess (of coarse we all know that if I didn't have any spares that sucker would have been lost forever, lol)
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 07-29-2012, 02:28 AM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Been a long time since I've done anything to any of mine! Gotten a good bit done over the last couple days on the wiring harness of Keith's car, but the switch from Carb to EFI has been a bit time consuming. Today I was at the yard picking up some parts for the swap and for wifey's Focus (rear window regulators) and I found a set of 4 13" trim rings on an '86 AMC Alliance! Just what I needed to really set off those Tercel wheels I have on FestEvil, just gotta paint the wheels black and polish the rings now
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Took it to the beach today. My awesome beach cruiser.
        ;
        www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
        rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
        '92 Festiva L M/T
        '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• started tearing into another first gen b6 swap
          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Went to install the Teins on the front and discovered that I will have to either use spacers or go to a bigger wheel.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Painted the Tercel wheels finally, will post pics with the new trim rings when I get home, I accidentally left the rings in trunk of the Miata last night instead of putting them in the back of FestEvil.

No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• So many things today.
                I sanded and painted the bumper I picked up last week.
                Sanded and painted a grille I had laying around.
                Finally about to finish repairs from my wreck a couple of months ago.

I painted the front and rear wiper arms.

Bought a new subwoofer. My current one is starting to sound bad. Haven't installed yet but may be doing that tonight.

Got the windows tinted
                Looks good. Went to a local shop. Paid $175 for LLumar film and a two hour wait. He did 35% on the front sides, 5% on the quarter windows and 20% on the rear and AS-1 line.

Picsszszz

Still during the paint process. I used Duplicolor Bumper paint.

Krylon Fusion gloss black and gloss clear on grille. The paint was nearly perfect until the grille fell off the rack and I had to correct some scratches and knicks

I used Rustoleum enamel on the wiper arms and rear wiper base thing. Turned out good.

Tint during install

~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Looks nice! My local glass shop quoted my 250 to do the Festiva! They do good work though and the tint has a lifetime warranty so if it starts to bubble they'll redo it for free. 250 seems high though. Cost me like 280 to do my old AMC Eagle...4 doors 2 quarter windows and a rear hatch.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Well I was lazy and had a shop change my oil. They put it up on the lift so I was able to look over everything on the underside. Everything looks good! One small rust hole on the drivers floorboard, and my rockers need replacing. Otherwise the frame and everything looks amazing!

Even the brake lines look good. I'm begining to wonder how this car actually has 118k on it.
                    Mike Holmgren
                    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                    1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
                    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

• 118k!! That's a low mileage Festiva! Mine has nearly 100k more and I just bought it!
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• I forgot to mention that I forgot to tape the Ford logo on the grille.
                        It's now a black oval.
                        That one didn't look too good anyway.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Oh, I also forgot to mention that the exhaust is broke clean off at the back of the cat. lol

Prafeston - I live in the rust capitol of the world though, and to the best of my knowledge this car has spent it's whole life up here. Thus why I can't believe the shape it's in, I actually got the car at 88,XXX.
                          Mike Holmgren
                          Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                          1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
                          "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

• I raced my friend in his M5 today. He thought that I wouldn't stand a chance, and he has been in my Festiva a lot. The first race he pulled me by a foot or so up to about 65mph, but then I realized that I had left my parking brake on after an e-brake u-turn before our run, ooops! So we lined up again and I pulled him by three car lengths (again, to about 65). This is a 400hp V8 BMW that runs awesome, and my cheap ebay stage two clutch slips if I launch the car. Lol.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• That's impressive!! Also love those 5 spoke white wheels...I'm guessing you have the Aspire swap? Who makes the wheels?
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                                Looks nice! My local glass shop quoted my 250 to do the Festiva! They do good work though and the tint has a lifetime warranty so if it starts to bubble they'll redo it for free. 250 seems high though. Cost me like 280 to do my old AMC Eagle...4 doors 2 quarter windows and a rear hatch.
                                I just got all 7 windows (5-back 2-front) done on my Echo and it cost me $190.......(That is with the good stuff and lifetime warranty too) I think it depends on the city.........

Comment

Working...
                                X