Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was waxy feeling. Thermostat looked fine, though. My car heats up normally and never overheats.
    I'll keep that in mind.
    ~Austin
    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Do the cascade thing. You don't want that gunk plugging up water passages in your engine or getting into the heater core and plugging passages in that.

Comment

• Failed emissions this morning. Did fine on the high RPM, failed at idle. JUST BARELY. Well, it's been idling low. (600RPM) I turned up the idle a smidge, replaced the cables, and just dumped in a bottle of CRC "Guaranteed to Pass"... Going back after work to see if that did the trick.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
        1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
        1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
        1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• Everybody, always add "Guaranteed to Pass" before you go for the test.
          It will save you money for a retest.

Comment

• No charge for a restest... Changed the plug wires, adjusted my idle, and drove 30 miles going 70 in 4th gear... Passed no problem.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• received and installed the 1/2" spacer for my steering wheel. took before and after pics but for some reason my computer isnt reading my sd card. but it is definitely far enough from the stalks now... though i would recommend a 1" spacer for people with big fingers.

it also makes it just a tiny bit easier to get my legs in the car. not that i have that much of a problem but now there's more clearance.

pics when i can make them work
              Originally posted by scirocco*joe
              Project Car Theorem:
              If
              a) w = all time
              b) x = time spent at work
              c) y = the number of project cars you have
              d) z = amount of time you can spend each project car

Then

z = (w - x) / y

Comment

• Opening up the valve covers to get busy on the gasket issue we had at the last race :/
                Gonna replace the timing belt as well... get him race ready for october!

Car #789
                Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Replaced the VC gasket on the BP, started pulling the injector harness out of it. How hard are Crank pulleys to unbolt, do I need to have the pulley braced against something? or will the compression of the engine hold it enough?
                  Owner of:
                  1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                  In progress:
                  BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Swapped the nose of a festiva ATX starter onto the rest of my G4A-HL starter. It worked! Got Babystiva running, but the trans seems stuck in first, even when I put it in park. Linkage is working, and when in park if you try to rev it will bog like you are holding down the brake trying to rev in first. Same thing in reverse. Put it in "D", "2", or "1" and it will drive around in first without ever trying to shift to any other gear. Looks like she'll be getting Green Car's ATX which means I can finally put the G4A in Green Car hopefully! All this after Keith's car is done though
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• I believe you will be able to loosen the cranks pulley with the transmission in first gear and the wheels on the ground or someone pressing on the brakes.
                      If not, you can take the first spark plug out and push a coil of nylon rope into the cylinder when it is at bottom. This will lock the piston as you turn the crank and effectively stop the crank from turning. I use this method when I have to remove the fly wheel.

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
                      Replaced the VC gasket on the BP, started pulling the injector harness out of it. How hard are Crank pulleys to unbolt, do I need to have the pulley braced against something? or will the compression of the engine hold it enough?

Comment

• started getting festiva's ready for madness. Boy do I have a full plate for the next few weekends.
                        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                        82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Removed the blown tranny, brought my stylus bumper swap from 25 to 90% complete (would have been 100 but I overtightened the top so now it's pointing upward), and tried for 2 hours to get my driver's side axle out of the trans so I could split the case and see what kind of carnage is going on in there. Axle is still stuck.

Comment

• Replaced the front crank seal in my daughter's Festiva and changed the oil in mine.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada
                            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                              Replaced the front crank seal in my daughter's Festiva and changed the oil in mine.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                              Any pics of your daughter's Festiva? I hear it is really nice looking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
                                tried for 2 hours to get my driver's side axle out of the trans so I could split the case and see what kind of carnage is going on in there. Axle is still stuck.
                                I'm assuming you already have the other side out? You can use a screwdriver or some other barlike object through the other side to tap the stuck axle out. Just make sure you have it all the way in and seated on the back side of the axle, not on the diff.

Today I start tearing into Babystiva at lunchtime to see what all happened to her the other day. Then after work its time to work on Keith's car some more.
                                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                                X