Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTFestiva
    replied
    Went to Kansas and bought me some tires and wheels for the rally car, set of 4 BMW bottlecaps in the 4x100 pattern with half tread tires for 150 bucks, 4 hours of driving that i hope is worth it. Plans are to put the rear dampers, springs, wheels on tonight as well as swap out the front shocks, brake hubs (aspire swap), and put these wheels and tires on to have it taken to the shop and have it running by friday for testing!

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Speaking of Sawzalls, I didn't know what they were so I googled it, and I found this image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12961[/ATTACH]
    I remember that car! Is he still driving it? Anybody? Anybody? Beuhler?

I have to go to Florida tomorrow, Family emergency. So, I finished my aspire swap today. Man, that handles good. Replaced the iffy LCA, and it feels like the other might be a touch loose, with all the other stuff being new and stiff. There is this little...jerK? That might be to harsh a term, a tug to the left when you let of the gas over 2500 RPM's. I hear a broken motor mount as well. Other than that? Even on Aspire rims, the handling is SO much better!

Now, I have to find better tires for my trailer, and away I go! Going to try to knock down a few birds with one stone and empty out the storage unit I have had down there for like, FOREVER. Wish me luck, gang...

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Speaking of Sawzalls, I didn't know what they were so I googled it, and I found this image.

sawzall1.jpg

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    I epically won with my Festiva today!

1503.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    I also pulled the entire stud out of my motor mount. There are 3 nuts you have to remove and the one in the middle apparently was seized so the whole stud came out!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    I'd have to borrow a sawzall. And I have no other vehicle to get around with. I just want my car back!!!

I might see what I can do, but I'm really just tired of one thing after another not working out. I've had the Festiva down for 2 weeks now and it's my daily driver. It hasn't been any fun.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Mine is the same way, but a previous owner did it.

I didn't noticed it until way after I had bought the car.

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
    And Yes Rafe I Just took those pictures Just for you.

-James
    Because I'm awesome like that.

And have had a couple PBR

-James

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Sawzall will work fine for cutting. Watch the brake lines.
    And cut here

-James

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    And Yes Rafe I Just took those pictures Just for you.

-James

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    I hate my life!

After failing again today to remove crank sprocket I just decided I'd get something accomplished and install my new KYBs and FMS springs...then that happened. Now I feel like burning the dang thing to the ground!

Bout to give up and have it towed to a shop and just say, "Make it work!"
    Cut the other side of the bolt on the other side of the strut. 3/8ths drill bit the rest of it out and then grab some 3/8ths grade 8 bolts from home depot or Lowes and a couple nuts for a nut and a lock nut and you're golden. I had this same problem when changing my rears and It's so much easier and you'll have less of a hard time when It's time to replace your struts.
    Here's a couple pics of what I Did.

I used the original nuts as a brace because the bolts were a Tad long and I also threw some blue loctite on there.
    Outside bolt head.

Inside the torsion beam

-James

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    I hate my life!

After failing again today to remove crank sprocket I just decided I'd get something accomplished and install my new KYBs and FMS springs...then that happened. Now I feel like burning the dang thing to the ground!

Bout to give up and have it towed to a shop and just say, "Make it work!"

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I filled it with 9.942 gallons. There was gas in the filler neck.
    Wow...9.9 gallons is impressive!!

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Last night I put the most gas ever in my Festiva.
    It was hesitating on acceleration a mile from the gas station. Made it to the pump before the engine died.
    I filled it with 9.942 gallons. There was gas in the filler neck.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Did you purchase those Festiva parts from that guy in KS? I've seen it on CL and he was selling the lot for cheap!
    Yep! Talked him down to $60 for the whole shebang too!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X