Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    I will say this though, now that my B3 has some back-pressure now with a proper muffler instead of that glasspack crap, it warms up helluva lot faster, and my steering wheel no longer shakes when sitting idle.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Good luck! Didn't know they could be such a pain, they looked so easy.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike View Post
    Yesterday - replaced very leaky wheel cylinder - passenger side. Got it all slapped back together (off and on in about 30min - which is very good for me lol), had a friend helping me bleed brakes... we get everything bled out, go to do the left-rear (side I didn't replace, or want to mess with).. and the bleeder valve is COMPLETELY stripped-out. An hour trying to get at it with every wrench we had, vice grips, everything.. had to drive to Advance to pick up another wheel cylinder.

Then of course, trying to get it off, the brake line's rusted on..

All in all, turned a 45min job into over 4 hours. And I don't think we bled the brakes right.. kinda squishy, but atleast I have pressure again (we bled everything correctly.. possibly we needed to bleed Master Cylinder? I dunno.). When the cylinder decided to bust, I had 100% zero brakes. Downshifting with an automatic - not that fun.

Lesson learned. Preventative maintenance is never a bad thing. Now I can drive the 70-mile roundtrip to work safely.
    I need to do the same on mine, same cylinder too. But I have the misfortune of having the lock-washer stuck on the threads, so I can't even get at the cylinder. Luckily it is a rather slow leak, I only have to top up my fluid once a week.

I sure hope that fluid isn't bad for the rubber on the tires.

Think I may try drilling out the tab on the washer tomorrow to get that ****er off, I just need to find a replacement washer.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Yesterday change transmission and new flywheel and clutch
    Now my speedo works
    I kept the transmission and clutch and flywheel so if anyone is in need of these parts PM me the transmission works fine the speedo gear in it just nicked loose so no speedo unless you take transmission apart and fix.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Yesterday - replaced very leaky wheel cylinder - passenger side. Got it all slapped back together (off and on in about 30min - which is very good for me lol), had a friend helping me bleed brakes... we get everything bled out, go to do the left-rear (side I didn't replace, or want to mess with).. and the bleeder valve is COMPLETELY stripped-out. An hour trying to get at it with every wrench we had, vice grips, everything.. had to drive to Advance to pick up another wheel cylinder.

Then of course, trying to get it off, the brake line's rusted on..

All in all, turned a 45min job into over 4 hours. And I don't think we bled the brakes right.. kinda squishy, but atleast I have pressure again (we bled everything correctly.. possibly we needed to bleed Master Cylinder? I dunno.). When the cylinder decided to bust, I had 100% zero brakes. Downshifting with an automatic - not that fun.

Lesson learned. Preventative maintenance is never a bad thing. Now I can drive the 70-mile roundtrip to work safely.
    Last edited by Spike; 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by link5186 View Post

data by link5186, on Flickr

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
    Yikes, Dale!

What happened, are you guys alright? Mom and I hope you're a-okay.

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    Got the majority of a steering rack swap done today on my 89' old rack had one of the inner tie rods completely shot, just decided to replace the whole rack with a good tight one I saved from a parts car with half the miles! Car will be on the road soon!

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    FMS Strut Brace #2.jpgFMS Front Strut Brace. More goodies to come.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    What diameter are the outlets that Walker muffler? Auto Zone is asking $30.
    Though I would recommend searching for one that is not as long so it doesn't stick out.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by link5186 View Post

What were you thinking????

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    2inch in, 2inch out.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    I removed the glasspack and put on a Walker Soundfit muffler. Part number 11011 at autozone. Please note that someone in the past put on a 2inch exhaust on the car and has no muffler flange.

Leave a comment:

• link5186
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Well I was getting tired of that loud drone when the engine is around 2k rpms, so I removed the glasspack and put on a Walker Soundfit muffler. Part number 11011 at autozone. Please note that someone in the past put on a 2inch exhaust on the car and has no muffler flange.

Oh my god it is so much quieter, I love it.
    Now I won't go deaf on long trips.

Seriously that droning noise was got annoying fast.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-01-2012, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    Originally posted by KingFish View Post
    Gabriel rear struts arrived today. $17.00 per side (closeout sale) $40.00 shipped for both sides. These are only temporary as I will upgrade to aspire KYB's as soon as i have the rear beam to go with them.
    Where? Is this deal still available?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X