Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    The old oil soaked one:
    Oh wow...there was actually something left of your old bushing. Mine was literally GONE!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    fast, you're getting me in trouble posting that one. I ordered the wrong part for everyone else including myself last time. A lot of PMs about that. I will be sure to order the right part number next time.

Does anybody need some stabilizer bar to control arm bushings? I just happen to have a few ( 30 ) left over. Oh yeah, and a few ( 60 ) shifter bushings.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-22-2013, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    I'll see what I can do. I won't be down there until next weekend though.
    Let me know too Torque, I will be back over at upap in 2-3 weeks. If you can't get it I will try.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Here are a couple of photos of the stabilizer bushings. The new one is the one I got in the group buy Bravekozak set up from Fourgreen...

The old oil soaked one:

The new:

Also installed new bolt and bushings in the transmission end of the shift rod. Took the car for a spin and the difference in shifting is very noticable. banana time

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Sounds good man. I'll pm you my number so you can text me or whatever if you didn't get it already

-James

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
    If it ends up being too big a hassle once you get into it (because you'll need a 23mm socket and not a spanner) I can try and track one down otherwise.

-James

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    If it ends up being too big a hassle once you get into it (because you'll need a 23mm socket and not a spanner) I can try and track one down otherwise.

-James

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    I have never dealt with the hubs on these cars before, so I wouldn't know how to take them apart to check for the spacers. I don't even know how to remove the rotor.

If I knew how to do this, with limited access to tools in a junkyard, I definitely would. If you can convince me it is easy, and tell me what simple tools I would need, then I probably can snag them for ya.
    Takr the wheels off. Then You need 12mm to remove the calipers out of the way. 23mm with a decent breaker bar (while the car is in gear to crack the CV nut(the nut right in the center of the hub) after the nut is off the rotor comes out with (hopefully ) minimal prying. Then It's a 14mm to remove the bolts that gold the rotor to the hub.

The spacer is the washer-like thing that slides in between the bearings. It should come out when you remove the hub from the knuckle.

If you need visuals, I'll start a thread in the repair help witness photos of what to do tomorrow morning so you can see exactly what to do. It sounds like a pain, But It's relatively simple. You don't have to send me anything bit the hub (with bearing because those are a pain to unpress ) and the washer looking spacer that goes with it.

I only need the driver's side. Or passenger side. Whichever is easier for you to pull off. And I'd appreciate it a lot.

-James

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    I have never dealt with the hubs on these cars before, so I wouldn't know how to take them apart to check for the spacers. I don't even know how to remove the rotor.

If I knew how to do this, with limited access to tools in a junkyard, I definitely would. If you can convince me it is easy, and tell me what simple tools I would need, then I probably can snag them for ya.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-22-2013, 12:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    As a matter of fact. According to the thread I've got going on. I need Just the front splined hub with the preload spacer for each one(on the exact hub it came from). No knuckle. Just the piece the CV shaft slides through

-James

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
    TorqueEffect, you gonna get those for Frankenfester? I will not be out that way for a few weeks.
    That would be awesome senor torqueeffect

-James

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
    Get me the front knuckles and hubs please!!!!! I'll PayPal you Monday shipping and all!!!!

-James
    TorqueEffect, you gonna get those for Frankenfester? I will not be out that way for a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    And make sure the preload spacers are in there If you don't mind.

-James

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Is that too big a deal to do?
    Text me if you can with details 1-828-216-7149

-James

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Will have to think about it while I am there next weekend, unless someone snags them first.

But also, but you probably just didn't notice the core charge on steel wheels since it is so low. The core charge on steel wheels is only $1

Also I remember steel wheels being $7 a piece there, looks like they upped the priced to $10 per steel wheel.
    How much did they add for the tires on those steel wheels you picked up?

Sorry about all the questions. lol
    Thats ok, I wouldn't waist your time on the tires I would remove them and just take the wheels.
    I don't remember how much I paid for each tire, but I know it was cheap.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X