Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finished my second b6 swap. excited to have it done
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• We tore our belts apart, we got a hole in the time belt cover and a broken gasket Gotta find ourselves a cover and pull the pullys off, which is getting to be pretty rough with all the caked oil and dirt from the races.

Car #789
      Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
      1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
      1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
      http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Power washer, gotta get it done. Why get dirty? Just don't hit the dizzy and wires.
        -Zack
        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Yep, wrap a bag around the dizzy and alternator and go to town. No direct washing on the harness with hi-pressure, and power rinse, spray with degreaser, then rinse again.

Comment

• I did the driver's side lower control arm. There is just something about having the comfort of knowing your wheel isn't going to fall off, that I REALLY enjoy!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• Cleaned my 2 spare electric fuel pump (not working). Lacquer thinner and a few bumps did the trick. Both pumps are now working fine after bench testing them...
              Last edited by junspeed; 09-04-2012, 01:22 AM.
              Godspeed...
              click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
              1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
              93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
              97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
              94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
              95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
              97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
              Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
              97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
              2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

• Originally posted by junspeed View Post
                Cleaned my 2 spare electric fuel pump (not working). Lacquer thinner and a few mild bumps did the trick. Both pumps are now working fine after bench testing them...
                I HAVE to remember that!

==================================================

Beamed to you from an insane asylum in orbit around Saturn via Tapatalk.
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                  I HAVE to remember that!

==================================================

Beamed to you from an insane asylum in orbit around Saturn via Tapatalk.
                  I really thought both pumps are busted already. I've soaked both in gasoline with no success. I was actually planning to use a carb cleaner but I remember that carb shops here use lacquer thinner when rebuilding carbs so I tried and it worked .
                  Godspeed...
                  click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
                  1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
                  93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
                  97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
                  94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
                  95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
                  97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
                  Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
                  97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
                  2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

• I got the title transferred, registration and insurance taken care of, and new historic plates. As soon as I got it legal, I drove it like I stole it.
                    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• I put in my LED cluster light. Full instructions and a couple "lessons learned" in the following thread.

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)
                      "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• ^looks good!!

I took a pic of mine, and drove it....

-Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Where did you get those ventshades? Everything about that car is pretty stinking sweet!
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Rosie sprung a leak in the coolant hose that goes from the intake manifold to the idle valve, so I replaced that. And, she's got new shoes!

Now she needs suspension because she looks way to tall in her fancy new shoes. lol.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Love those wheels. They look great.
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Thanks! They are from a Mitsubishi lancer OZ, I spray painted them white and put red o.z. decals that I bought from ebay on them. The tires are 165/45-15 Federal Formozas that I got for $65 a tire shipped on ebay. They fit like the stock 12" tires (they are actually a half an inch shorter) and didn't require any suspension mods to fit. I used 1/4" spacers on the back, but that wasn't necessary to fit them on. I would recommend a 15x6 wheel with a 38 or 35mm offset with these tires for a perfect fit. These wheels are like a 42mm offset, but they will work well with my capri swap when I get a chance to put it on Rosie (capri swap uses aspire arms and widens the front of the car).

Here's a closer picture of the fitment of these tires. These rims are 15x6.
                                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X