Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet-sanded the hatch and threw on some more paint and primer to delete my emblems. Also degreased the car and got it washed properly. Heading to the muffler shop on Friday to get the exhaust properly mounted. Ordered my wideband and gauge assembly (boost / afr / egt) as well as preparing to buy 185/60-13 tires for my VX rims (need sandblasting and paint) and a few interior odds and ends.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• I took it to church to clean out a classroom. The church was throwing away a bunch of things. Two chalkboards, a bunch of small sturdy wooden children's chairs, a stereo, and some other odds and ends. I was helping clean out but also scored some stuff to sell craigslist.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Officially completed a trans continental voyage from Fiesta Island, SD-CA to Roanoke Island, NC. Ten Days, two coasts and two Festiva events!

Fiesta Island Park, San Diego CA

Corolla Beach, Roanoke Island, North Carolina.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          Officially completed a trans continental voyage from Fiesta Island, SD-CA to Roanoke Island, NC. Ten Days, two coasts and two Festiva events!
          Awesome.
          Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

• Pushed it out of the garage, hosed it off, and getting ready to put it up on jackstands...
            To FINALLY start the actual B6 swap. The new B6 engine is all done, sans the few parts that will be used off the old B3. Once the old B3 is out, I will pressure wash the engine bay, patch some minor rust on the lower radiator support and the heart transplant will begin. I suspect I have about 4-5 weeks before the weather turns too cold to work outside. Plenty of time if I can stay on task.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

• Tried to change my wiper blades with the 3 or 4 sets of refills the PO included with it. Not a single one of them was the right size.
              Owner of:
              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
              In progress:
              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• ^^ that sucks Kellen

tonight I checked fuel pressure and did a leak down test.
                Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
                  Tried to change my wiper blades with the 3 or 4 sets of refills the PO included with it. Not a single one of them was the right size.
                  Too long? Cut 'em down.
                  Too short? Too bad.

I took my wife out on a drive in mine. Developed what sounds suspiciously like a small hole in the muffler. That's of little consequence though; there are big plans about to be realized for the silver bullet. A stock muffler is most certainly not part of those plans.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                  91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                  92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                  95 Grand Prix SE DD
                  Wife's Stuff:
                  89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                  97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                  Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Topped up the coolant and drove it. That's about it. :p
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                      Topped up the coolant and drove it. That's about it. :p
                      That's the beat thing to do with a Festy: drive it!
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Figured I'm putting 250 miles on it a week. Starting to think about a 2013 1.0 ecoboost Fiesta...
                        -Zack
                        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
                          That's the beat thing to do with a Festy: drive it!
                          Yep, drive it till the body rusts off. Which it has already started that long ago, lol.

Sad to say though that I am probably the guy with the most rusty, beat up Festy on this website and still drives it. Mainly since it is my only car. (Sucks being poor.) The damn thing turned into a money pit, paid $400, have around $400-$500 into it, and the damn thing still looks like it is fit for the scrap heap, and more and more problems keep rearing their ugly heads everyday.

I don't know how many more years it is going to be on the road, hoping to fine a non runner with a good body with minimal to no rust for cheap and just swap the motor out of this one.

Comment

Yep, drive it till the body rusts off. Which it has already started that long ago, lol.

Sad to say though that I am probably the guy with the most rusty, beat up Festy on this website and still drives it. Mainly since it is my only car. (Sucks being poor.) The damn thing turned into a money pit, paid $400, have around $400-$500 into it, and the damn thing still looks like it is fit for the scrap heap, and more and more problems keep rearing their ugly heads everyday.

I don't know how many more years it is going to be on the road, hoping to fine a non runner with a good body with minimal to no rust for cheap and just swap the motor out of this one.
                            If I find a good body out here in the junkyard I buy cars from, I'll let you know and I can even help you get clean paperwork for it for the cost of two title transfers. (one into my name, then from me to you)

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
                              If I find a good body out here in the junkyard I buy cars from, I'll let you know and I can even help you get clean paperwork for it for the cost of two title transfers. (one into my name, then from me to you)
                              Thanks, that would be very helpful, but my biggest problem would be taking the 8-9 hour drive out there, then finding a way to get it towed back here.
                              I am not sure if the only truck I have access to would be able to make the trip there, let alone towing a car back.
                              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-10-2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks, that would be very helpful, but my biggest problem would be taking the 8-9 hour drive out there, then finding a way to get it towed back here.
                                I am not sure if the only truck I have access to would be able to make the trip there, let alone towing a car back.
                                Might be able to help you with that if you have a cot, bacon and coffee. Cot optional.

Comment

Working...
                                X