Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Got the actuators for the power locks mounted and tested, but I am having trouble with the hatch locking, it will unlock with no problem, but will only lock if the hatch is open or not fully closed. ???

Only thing I can think of is that the motor isn't powerful enough. I will try disconnection the lock barrel from the rod tomorrow to see if that take enough strain off the actuator to lock the hatch while it is closed. That or douse the latch with WD40.
    Link to set?
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Pondering getting another......
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Got all the bearings,seals,nuts,break shoes ordered for the wifes rear beam ordered from Rock auto and used the coupon from here.
        Donn

Comment

• Thanks! Good price too...
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Replaced my brake light switch. No more paranoia about the guy behind me running me over!
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
              Replaced my brake light switch. No more paranoia about the guy behind me running me over!
              I'd worry more as to why that guy is following you everywhere...
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• I hauled 400 pounds of concrete in the hatch area. With the backseat in it's regular position. Later I hauled a full-size door inside the car with the hatch closed. Try that with a sedan.

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Decided against mounting the hitch and taking the Festiva to GA... it's making more funny noises, and has recently gone back to running like a POS.

Guess next week the trans is coming out and being swapped into my old Auto, and this car is the primary candidate for a lift and the diesel swap.

Comment

• Used it to tug Goldie (Kelsey's Tracer wagon) out of the mud.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Power door locks are now all installed and working. I have no idea how you can feed the wires all the way down through the inside of the hatch, there is no way unless you have some special tool.

Until I can figure out a way, they will just have to run along the outside, securely of course.
                      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-09-2012, 06:57 PM.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                        Power door locks are now all installed and working. I have no idea how you can feed the wires all the way down through the inside of the hatch, there is no way unless you have some special tool.

Until I can figure out a way, they will just have to run along the outside, securely of course.
                        Fish tape.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• ^ Tie the wires together, run a peice of wire through there with them taped to the end of it and pull them through.
                          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                            Fish tape.
                            Will try that if a straitened metal hanger doesn't work.

Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
                            ^ Tie the wires together, run a peice of wire through there with them taped to the end of it and pull them through.
                            Did think of that, but don't have any wire rigid enough, though I will try a straightened metal hanger tomorrow.

I just wanted to get everything back together today because it was starting to get cold and the wind was picking up.
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I used a straightened hanger to get my washer fluid tube up the side of the car and then through the top. Was kind of a pain, but I made it work!
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                              X