Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went the furthest that I've ever gone between fillups today. 275 miles! I got just under 34mpg at about 70mph.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• On my 89 carby 121, i got 700km out of one tank.

also today, i changed the mechanical fuel pump, fuel filter, sparkplugs, air filter, carby cleaned it, adjusted the idle, regassed the aircon, replaced the rocker cover gasket, added white interior leds and white number plate leds, new wiper blades, washed, polished, vacuumed and tyre shined it.

Few weeks ago i changed the timing belt and waterpump.

Ive also just put in recently:

5 1/4 inch MTX coaxials in the front in mdf spacers in the doors.

4" MTX coaxials in the rear stock locations

12" DVC Kenwood Subwoofer

700w rms monoblock powering the sub

75w rms x2 Kenwood 2 channel amp powering the front coaxials.

All above wired in with 0awg from the battery with inline fuse, 1 Farad Capacitor, and a Dblock splitting into 4 Awg for the amps.

oh i also repainted the door handles and wiper blades black

Looks schmick still for an 1989 model with 208,000 kms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Primed and painted my battery tie-down. Thinking about removing the back seat...
        1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
        2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Found rust I didn't know I had. Makes me sad.
          In the middle of the B6T swap and bodywork and cleanup and now I find this. Boo.
          Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

• Ugh.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Rust: the all natural gift that keeps on giving!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

• Originally posted by rbrown View Post
                Found rust I didn't know I had. Makes me sad.
                In the middle of the B6T swap and bodywork and cleanup and now I find this. Boo.
                Can't be as bad as the rust on my car, so I say be grateful if it is only a little.

Rust on mine is pretty much irreversible unless I spent hundreds, or most likely thousands at a body shop to get it all repaired.
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                  I went the furthest that I've ever gone between fillups today. 275 miles! I got just under 34mpg at about 70mph.
                  exactly what my b6t's best is
                  93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                  RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                  RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• Replaced a valve cover gasket on my mom's Aspire today, and gave it a bath. Does your car smile?
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Sooo I think I now have a bad headgasket.... Ugh..... It's just never ending this year, I seriously need to park my festiva in the garage and wait til there's 6 months of dust on it before I even look at it again

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Got to work on my donor engine

- Drained out all the oil that was sitting in it for 6 years; added fresh from containers laying around- added a little anti-freeze (oops); drain; refill
                        - Removed the rusty plugs
                        - ATF/Kroil inside the plug holes; let sit for 12 hours

- Cranked engine by hand to confirm it wasn't siezed
                        - Removed all fuel injection stuff. Confirmed broken bolt in head at intake manifold. Not simply lost as I had hoped.

There's still a bit of bolt still exposed against the head. Smurfstiva mentioned a tractor backed into the front end- probably the 'path of least resistance'. I'm going to skip the ez-out, and try welding a nut to it.

PO put a fresh timing belt and water pump in the blow-by engine. Thoughts on reusing these items on the donor engine?

Comment

• If they're fine, use them. I've reused timing belts from junkyard cars. The reason people advise against it is b/c they're a bit of a pain to change.

Well.... Ok.. some people are just misinformed, but the above applies to most people.

Comment

• I've reused belts, water pumps, oil pumps, if they feel/look as the should, why not. If your doing your own work the only thing you losing is your time to change it out later when they do finally fail. But in the mean time, you save money on your swap.
                            Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                            93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                            91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                            93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                            15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                            88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Took off and painted valve cover...valve cover gasket was brand new, wewt! Deleted the silencer on the intake plenum...plugged the hole with a whiskey bottlecap.

Tomorrow I'ma weld some sh*t.
                              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Installed the turn-signal/wiper switch I received in the mail today from Jfro.

Nice to have a turn-signal stalk that works properly, and not flopping around on rubberbands wrapped around the steering column.
                                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X