Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

i washed it. uploadfromtaptalk1360643432120.jpg

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

from another angle.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
        You might want to start a thread on this, but I'll say I have PLPD (personal liability and property damage) coverage on my car. Basically as cheap as it goes, get nothing back and still be legal to drive. (coverage only applies when it's parked, but there's a big deductable...)
        Zack -

OK, correct me if I'm wrong but what you described sounds like my coverage: legal to drive anywhere in America but if you get into an accident, they'll pay you ONLY the value of the (now very old, very high miles (typically) and verrrrrry depreciated) Festivas, which when it comes down to repairing our Festivas, leaves us essentially "self insured", right?

And yet 'Huli' and 'DriverOne' say their insurance companies will pay to REPAIR their Festys???
        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by Huli View Post
          I changed my insurance, the company had a hard time believing I wanted full coverage!! ($45/mo $100 deductible!)

They had to take pictures to submit to corporate so they had a file... HA!

And I adjusted the air bypass valve, turns out the previous owner had adjusted the throttle body to not allow it to function.
          Interesting, did you inquire from your agent what they will pay in case of an accident? It's very possible that a big door ding will total loss your car, certainly a dented fender will. You may want to inquire about agreed value insurance where you and the insurance company agree on the value of your car and will pay up to that amount. I do auto body work and have worked with insurance companies in NC before. This is also the first time I've heard of glass protection not being available. I've replaced insured rock chipped windshields in the past.
          Jack Byrd,
          1991 Capri
          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
          1970 Chev C10
          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

If you have your vehicle appraised, you can then have it insured for that amount, which covers all customization. Not only that, but 1990new received a few THOUSAND for his Festiva from his insurance company, and it was not "totalled". You just don't sign the check for the car, and push them until they do what they agreed to! You've got $50,000 in damages available to you, not the value of a $260 car.
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I am going to do named value once I am done. Will probably put it a $4k
              HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
              "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

About to pull the motor In the grey ghost!
                -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                  About to pull the motor In the grey ghost!
                  Why? just curious
                  Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                  Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                  Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                  WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Low compression in one of the cylinders

Done

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• ^ I hope one of your rods isn't shaped like a rainbow
                      Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                      Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                      Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                      WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

I finally got to drive it after, I don't know, maybe a couple of months sitting. I had lost the keys. Yesterday I welded on the muffler that had fallen off. Who knew, you can weld rust. LOL! I also put on new swaybar bushings.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Re-wired my radio (had a short), replaced some fuses, and vacuumed it out. Pretty solid day of basic maintenance.
                          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

just got a sticket made that says "Festiva, because you cant always go straight."

Comment

• Finally started replacing the driver's side auto belt on my 93. I've been putting it off since last summer. I've got the new one in and will put the interior panels back on after work. Gives me a chance to make sure the new one works right, anyway.
                              ~Austin
                              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by B3Festiva View Post
                                just got a sticket made that says "Festiva, because you cant always go straight."

I don't get it...is it a gay joke?
                                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                                Random Festiva Parts
                                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                                X