Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Matt Dickmeyer header came today and it is beautiful. If it's half as good as it looks, I'm going to be a happy man.
    Jack Byrd,
    1991 Capri
    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
    1970 Chev C10
    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Finished up installing my power windows. Yay, now I don't have to lean over to roll the passenger window up and down.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Built adjustable front coilovers from Espelir lowering springs [Civic], cheap coil adjusters and new OE front struts. [I painted the springs and put a couple coats on the struts after the pic was taken]. Took me about 20 min with the grinder and the cutoff wheel.

1175362_10200391490659609_201486271_n[1].jpg

Comment

• Ummmmmm I don't think the adjusters and springs are supposed to go all the way down to the clevis.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Nope, Usually not, but it also won't hurt anything, either.

They're sitting like that because they're on a rough floor of my old camper I'm tearing down slowly... wanted the weight as close to the bottom as possible so they wouldn't fall over

The sleeves can sit down there when installed and it doesn't bother nothin, though. I'll move the adjustable perches up to match the correct ride height for whatever engine ends up in there.
            Last edited by Christ; 08-22-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, I've seen them done that way permanently. Worked fine. They just used LONG universal 2.5" springs to do it.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Scored a BP with harness and ecu and tranny for 75 bucks!

Comment

• Now that's a deal!
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Bought some Energy Poly Sway bar bracket bushings.
                    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Bought a 16 month old used battery at LKQ for $32 to put in the yellow 90 LPlus.
                      The eight year old battery in her is starting to show signs of eminent failure.

Comment

• Bought a 16 month old used battery at LKQ for $32 to put in the yellow 90 LPlus.
                        The eight year old battery in her is starting to show signs of eminent failure.

Sorry for the accidental double post..
                        Last edited by 1990new; 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Yes it is! When the guy found out it was going in a festy he said i could get it real cheap!! Gotta love craigslist.

Comment

• That's cool! He wants to see a festy go fast!
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Installed the Intermitant wiper switch that shadetree gave me. Thanks Shade it works.
                              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Today I changed fusible links and got my car running today. I plan on trying to see why the steering is so tough,could be the psi on the tires.

Comment

Working...
                                X