Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I filled it with 9.942 gallons. There was gas in the filler neck.
    Wow...9.9 gallons is impressive!!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• I hate my life!

After failing again today to remove crank sprocket I just decided I'd get something accomplished and install my new KYBs and FMS springs...then that happened. Now I feel like burning the dang thing to the ground!

Bout to give up and have it towed to a shop and just say, "Make it work!"
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
        I hate my life!

After failing again today to remove crank sprocket I just decided I'd get something accomplished and install my new KYBs and FMS springs...then that happened. Now I feel like burning the dang thing to the ground!

Bout to give up and have it towed to a shop and just say, "Make it work!"
        Cut the other side of the bolt on the other side of the strut. 3/8ths drill bit the rest of it out and then grab some 3/8ths grade 8 bolts from home depot or Lowes and a couple nuts for a nut and a lock nut and you're golden. I had this same problem when changing my rears and It's so much easier and you'll have less of a hard time when It's time to replace your struts.
        Here's a couple pics of what I Did.

I used the original nuts as a brace because the bolts were a Tad long and I also threw some blue loctite on there.
        Outside bolt head.

Inside the torsion beam

-James
        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• And Yes Rafe I Just took those pictures Just for you.

-James
          Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Sawzall will work fine for cutting. Watch the brake lines.
            And cut here

-James

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
              And Yes Rafe I Just took those pictures Just for you.

-James
              Because I'm awesome like that.

And have had a couple PBR

-James

Comment

• Mine is the same way, but a previous owner did it.

I didn't noticed it until way after I had bought the car.
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I'd have to borrow a sawzall. And I have no other vehicle to get around with. I just want my car back!!!

I might see what I can do, but I'm really just tired of one thing after another not working out. I've had the Festiva down for 2 weeks now and it's my daily driver. It hasn't been any fun.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• I also pulled the entire stud out of my motor mount. There are 3 nuts you have to remove and the one in the middle apparently was seized so the whole stud came out!
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• I epically won with my Festiva today!

1503.jpg
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Speaking of Sawzalls, I didn't know what they were so I googled it, and I found this image.

sawzall1.jpg
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                          Speaking of Sawzalls, I didn't know what they were so I googled it, and I found this image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12961[/ATTACH]
                          I remember that car! Is he still driving it? Anybody? Anybody? Beuhler?

I have to go to Florida tomorrow, Family emergency. So, I finished my aspire swap today. Man, that handles good. Replaced the iffy LCA, and it feels like the other might be a touch loose, with all the other stuff being new and stiff. There is this little...jerK? That might be to harsh a term, a tug to the left when you let of the gas over 2500 RPM's. I hear a broken motor mount as well. Other than that? Even on Aspire rims, the handling is SO much better!

Now, I have to find better tires for my trailer, and away I go! Going to try to knock down a few birds with one stone and empty out the storage unit I have had down there for like, FOREVER. Wish me luck, gang...
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Went to Kansas and bought me some tires and wheels for the rally car, set of 4 BMW bottlecaps in the 4x100 pattern with half tread tires for 150 bucks, 4 hours of driving that i hope is worth it. Plans are to put the rear dampers, springs, wheels on tonight as well as swap out the front shocks, brake hubs (aspire swap), and put these wheels and tires on to have it taken to the shop and have it running by friday for testing!

Car #789
                            Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                            1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                            1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                            http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Exhaust day. Hope to god............

It is way too early. Feel like I'm gonna throw up.
                              Buck.
                              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• ^

Have a cold brewski and pull yourself together.
                                If you are too hot, think penguin/polar bear.
                                Always remember, somebody else is having a worse day than you are.

-------------------This is a split post-----------------------------------------

| good luck franken.
                                v

Take the seats out first. It will be a lot easier to get under the dash afterwards.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 06-24-2013, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X