Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
    Get me the front knuckles and hubs please!!!!! I'll PayPal you Monday shipping and all!!!!

-James
    TorqueEffect, you gonna get those for Frankenfester? I will not be out that way for a few weeks.
    1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
    1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
    1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
    2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
    2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
    2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
    1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
      TorqueEffect, you gonna get those for Frankenfester? I will not be out that way for a few weeks.
      That would be awesome senor torqueeffect

-James
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• As a matter of fact. According to the thread I've got going on. I need Just the front splined hub with the preload spacer for each one(on the exact hub it came from). No knuckle. Just the piece the CV shaft slides through

-James
        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• I have never dealt with the hubs on these cars before, so I wouldn't know how to take them apart to check for the spacers. I don't even know how to remove the rotor.

If I knew how to do this, with limited access to tools in a junkyard, I definitely would. If you can convince me it is easy, and tell me what simple tools I would need, then I probably can snag them for ya.
          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-22-2013, 12:09 AM.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
            I have never dealt with the hubs on these cars before, so I wouldn't know how to take them apart to check for the spacers. I don't even know how to remove the rotor.

If I knew how to do this, with limited access to tools in a junkyard, I definitely would. If you can convince me it is easy, and tell me what simple tools I would need, then I probably can snag them for ya.
            Takr the wheels off. Then You need 12mm to remove the calipers out of the way. 23mm with a decent breaker bar (while the car is in gear to crack the CV nut(the nut right in the center of the hub) after the nut is off the rotor comes out with (hopefully ) minimal prying. Then It's a 14mm to remove the bolts that gold the rotor to the hub.

The spacer is the washer-like thing that slides in between the bearings. It should come out when you remove the hub from the knuckle.

If you need visuals, I'll start a thread in the repair help witness photos of what to do tomorrow morning so you can see exactly what to do. It sounds like a pain, But It's relatively simple. You don't have to send me anything bit the hub (with bearing because those are a pain to unpress ) and the washer looking spacer that goes with it.

I only need the driver's side. Or passenger side. Whichever is easier for you to pull off. And I'd appreciate it a lot.

-James

Comment

• If it ends up being too big a hassle once you get into it (because you'll need a 23mm socket and not a spanner) I can try and track one down otherwise.

-James

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                If it ends up being too big a hassle once you get into it (because you'll need a 23mm socket and not a spanner) I can try and track one down otherwise.

-James
                I'll see what I can do. I won't be down there until next weekend though.
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Sounds good man. I'll pm you my number so you can text me or whatever if you didn't get it already

-James

Comment

• Here are a couple of photos of the stabilizer bushings. The new one is the one I got in the group buy Bravekozak set up from Fourgreen...

The old oil soaked one:

The new:

Also installed new bolt and bushings in the transmission end of the shift rod. Took the car for a spin and the difference in shifting is very noticable. banana time
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Let me know too Torque, I will be back over at upap in 2-3 weeks. If you can't get it I will try.
                      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.

Mike

Comment

• fast, you're getting me in trouble posting that one. I ordered the wrong part for everyone else including myself last time. A lot of PMs about that. I will be sure to order the right part number next time.

Does anybody need some stabilizer bar to control arm bushings? I just happen to have a few ( 30 ) left over. Oh yeah, and a few ( 60 ) shifter bushings.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-22-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                          The old oil soaked one:
                          Oh wow...there was actually something left of your old bushing. Mine was literally GONE!
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                            fast, you're getting me in trouble posting that one. I ordered the wrong part for everyone else including myself last time. A lot of PMs about that. I will be sure to order the right part number next time.

Does anybody need some stabilizer bar to control arm bushings? I just happen to have a few ( 30 ) left over. Oh yeah, and a few ( 60 ) shifter bushings.
                            I want shifter bushings! the front two are the same, no?
                            Buck.
                            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• I put the other new brake caliper on today after I had to put the other new one on yesturday on the road.

I also put the other headlights & assembly, from the white car from upap, on to replaced the ones on my car.

Mike

Comment

• Played with number 27 for a moment. Haven't brought it home yet.
                                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                                X