Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did a little cleaning up of the combustion chambers on my B6 head. Hope to get it together after Madness.
    Jack Byrd,
    1991 Capri
    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
    1970 Chev C10
    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Got my new pistons. Engine assembly isn't far away.
      Jack Byrd,
      1991 Capri
      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
      1970 Chev C10
      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Put the heavy duty trailer hitch that I took off the Aqua that I sold on my Surf Blue.
        Cleaned her up a little for the trip up to Madness tomorrow.

Also printed out some tail light gasket templates that I will put on the table at Madness for
        anyone who wants one.
        (Kumalaba...these are better than the one I sent you. I found an original gasket in good shape and
        made these from it.)
        Last edited by 1990new; 10-03-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• I now declare everyone here in pacific time zone part of festiva loneliness. At least 5 of you FM attendees have bulky items I desire, and at least 5 good brains to pick on modding and repair approach that you cant spell out that well unless in person.

Today I hit roughly 10k miles since I bought the car and changed the oil for the 3rd time. Took some pics for shadetree, made a crude photo album.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Today I bought my 93 a older brother and bought a 1988 lx Festiva unfortunately my attempt to drive it home did not go so well, made it three miles before the clutch completely gave out and would no longer engage so took it back to the mans house to pick it up tomorrow. So tomorrow ill be heading from Daytona to Tampa again with a trailer this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdm19942 View Post
              Today I bought my 93 a older brother and bought a 1988 lx Festiva unfortunately my attempt to drive it home did not go so well, made it three miles before the clutch completely gave out and would no longer engage so took it back to the mans house to pick it up tomorrow. So tomorrow ill be heading from Daytona to Tampa again with a trailer this time.
              We might be going to Tampa tomorrow?
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Would lke to see some pics when you get it home.:peach:
                A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

• Damn give me a shout! I would like to have a short meet & greet. Greg I think you have my #.
                  If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Yesterday I got new belts on....woop tee doo. But the big event was the front seats.....dun dun dah/drum roll......I had some gray LX seats/with the vinyl headrests and my stock GL/red stripe seats...(yuk) ....took the seat backs off of each one and swapped them, perfect fit! So now have my FI/5speed with the LX seats and center console....Life is good for my Stiv! Next step will be to have them recovered. Big Day!
                    92 GL, 98k
                    77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• ^ pics or it didn't happen.
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Aspire is ready to have its engine pulled, just have to unbolt the shifter linkage! Cant wait to have a 5 speed festiva!!

Sent from the trash can.
                        1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                        2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Picked up an auto trans & set of rio struts from junkyard this morn...along with all the seals, trans filter, trans cooler, etc.

Now I just need to get everything installed

Comment

• took my battery off to charge it (been sitting for 4 months) and cleaned out the interior. thoughts swirling around in my head again about getting the weber swap and what that entails.

Comment

• Are you sure you don't want a nice set of twin carbs instead?

Adapter + intake + carbies + air cleaner + twin choke cable + twin carb badge.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                                Are you sure you don't want a nice set of twin carbs instead?

Adapter + intake + carbies + air cleaner + twin choke cable + twin carb badge.
                                plus a hell of a lot of cash

Comment

Working...
                                X