Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes that's right and welcome back.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Thanks!
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Pumped up the tires, stripped it of the last good parts, filled it with scrap, and let it rest till it's time to haul it off. It was the 2nd one I owned. If only I could go back now to 2011 with what I know. I'll miss it.

Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• You forgot to remove the door handles and tail lights!

Comment

• ... and the rear side glass hardware and exterior mirror. What about all the little bits from inside like the heater control panel bulbs. I usually pull them from every time I find a Festiva at the wreckers.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post

You know it doesn't look that bad!
              I've seen far worse at some meets!
              Whats wrong with it?
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• ^^What he said
                Buck.
                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• It's worse than it looks. Lot of structural rust, no engine or trans, interior is destroyed from mold and mildew, and no suspension. Also no title.

I'll be getting the tails and rear glass before it goes out, but I need the quarter glass in there. It's full of scrap and it won't stay in without the glass.
                  Last edited by sketchman; 03-21-2014, 07:38 PM.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• I replaced the front turn signal lens, removed the rear speaker panels and found out that I bought the wrong replacement panels, so I put them back on.

Comment

• Just keeping on with this wiring stuff. Cleaned about 30 more wires out, waiting for an e mail for the g series and the lsd

WTFestiva - Rally prepped bpstiva

Car #789
                      Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                      1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                      1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                      http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Got mine ready to sell it tomorrow.....its loaded up with a fender, three mounted wheels and tires and three loose tires, plus two front knuckles and tons of little parts. Good bye Festiva world.....thanks Greg/Eurotiva for everything......catch ya on the flipside.
                        92 GL, 98k
                        77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Changed the Air filter in Shadow this morning. Found out I will have to replace the air filter container. The screws where stripped that hold the top piece on. Back to the JY tomorrow morning.
                          1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                          1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                          1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                          2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                          2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                          2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                          1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• I am at a loss. I thought getting the engine timed would help the fuel-mileage, but if anything it made it worse.

I can feel it has improved power though.
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Installed the Aspire rear suspension , FMS lowering springs & AR Estrellas.
                              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Where did you get the body kit in the front?
                                Also how did you find rims for the car besides stock? I have a 91 festiva with stock 12 inch rims

Comment

Working...
                                X