Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed to the pick a parts to grab a bunch of festiva stuff. And some Rx7 goodies Hopefully

Has anyone used Rx7 seats in a festy? I'll be welding the festy mounts to it if so.

-James
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Welp, that guy can DIAF
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• DIAF, Dashanzi International Art Festival (Beijing, China). DIAF, Dominant Introverted Abstract Feeler (Jung personality ...

Comment

• Die In A Fire.
          Buck.
          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• I Rescued a friend from a fire one time.

At a giant bonfire every one was hammered.
            My friend misty was stumbling around when she tripped on the rocks surrounding the fire.
            And the pit was at least 6 feet wide with a huge bed of coals
            from all the random wood scrap from house's we were burning that night.
            And she fell into the fire.
            Everyone else was too retarded to react.
            And seeing as I was the only sober one I ran over and pulled her out instantly.
            She was like 5' her whole body fell in.
            But when I dusted her off she didn't get burned anywhere.
            I reacted so quickly she didn't get burned at all or her clothes.
            I was really baffled how that was possible.

But dying in a fire would be the worst just like drowning would be.
            Last edited by rmoltis; 06-24-2013, 02:18 PM.
            Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
              Welp, that guy can DIAF
              Who's that?

-James
              Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                ^

Have a cold brewski and pull yourself together.
                If you are too hot, think penguin/polar bear.
                Always remember, somebody else is having a worse day than you are.

-------------------This is a split post-----------------------------------------

| good luck franken.
                v

Take the seats out first. It will be a lot easier to get under the dash afterwards.
                The seats were trashed and there was No harness No engine or anything in the Rx7. Just the shell.
                I snagged the huge Mazda badge off the back though.

-James

Comment

• That is terrible news. I think I'll just cry in my brewski.
                  I thought that RX-7 just came in the yard.
                  It's blues week here in Toronto.
                  I'll just have to turn all that disappointment into a be-lue song.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 06-24-2013, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    That is terrible news. I think I'll just cry in my brewski.
                    I thought that RX-7 just came in the yard.
                    It's blues week here in Toronto.
                    I'll just have to turn all that disappointment into a be-lue song.
                    No. I Just noticed it on the site

But that doesn't mean it didn't go in there in that condition.

-James

Comment

• Went to the junkyard to retrieve those wheels.

Those lugs needed a impact wrench to get off or something, hell I was able to get all but one lugbolt off the front drivers side wheel, but even with a breaker bar, and jumping up and down on the breaker-bar with my heavy ass, it still didn't want to give. Only one wheel I was able to get off easily, the other I had to take the wheel off with the drum still attached.

To tell you how bad it was, the lugs were rounding off.

They were not worth it, two of them were curbed, one missing the cap, and the fact that if you don't want the tires, you have to remove them yourself, even though they clearly list the service on there website for $3 a tire, there was no one to do it.

So I just said screw it, and threw the two wheels I removed at entrance, and just went back in and grabbed the rear wiper supplies.

So I got a complete set of parts to add a rear wiper to my hatch.
                      I also picked up some cargo cover clips
                      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Went and grabbed the entire front hubs from this guy for my hub rebuild.
                        Yes I know I need to swap aspire in But There's nothing left on the one in my j/y
                        The motor and tranny have only 134k on them. According to the tac. Through junkyard guy said the motor is fine with the exception of the rear seal being blown. I later may go grab it and rebuild it with a dickmeyer kit and sell it back on here.

-James

Comment

• Why would someone make an Aqua Festy Black!
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                            Went and grabbed the entire front hubs from this guy for my hub rebuild.
                            Yes I know I need to swap aspire in But There's nothing left on the one in my j/y
                            The motor and tranny have only 134k on them. According to the tac. Through junkyard guy said the motor is fine with the exception of the rear seal being blown. I later may go grab it and rebuild it with a dickmeyer kit and sell it back on here.

-James
                            Looks like you no longer need me to check those hubs. If you still want me to check them, I will.
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                              Looks like you no longer need me to check those hubs. If you still want me to check them, I will.
                              YEssir. I think I'm good. That is when I get the spindles out if the bearing to find out whether or not it has a spacer.
                              But since I couldn't do that I started drill brushing the new hubs for rebuild. Left is after.

Also decided to rust my Hood (hate all you want But I love the way it looks and so Did the 5festy owner who runs the junkyard.)
                              And Did a plastidip windscreen sun strip. (Yes It's legal in nc can be all the way down 6")

-James

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                                Why would someone make an Aqua Festy Black!
                                The same reason I made my sparkle blue festy white. Haha .to be coooooool

-James

Comment

Working...
                                X