Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres a shot before the strip and after the rust commenced. And don't worry. It's only surface rust and is gonna be topcoated so it doesn't grow once it all brown's up.

-James
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
      Went to the junkyard to retrieve those wheels.

Those lugs needed a impact wrench to get off or something, hell I was able to get all but one lugbolt off the front drivers side wheel, but even with a breaker bar, and jumping up and down on the breaker-bar with my heavy ass, it still didn't want to give. Only one wheel I was able to get off easily, the other I had to take the wheel off with the drum still attached.

To tell you how bad it was, the lugs were rounding off.

They were not worth it, two of them were curbed, one missing the cap, and the fact that if you don't want the tires, you have to remove them yourself, even though they clearly list the service on there website for $3 a tire, there was no one to do it.

So I just said screw it, and threw the two wheels I removed at entrance, and just went back in and grabbed the rear wiper supplies.

So I got a complete set of parts to add a rear wiper to my hatch.
      I also picked up some cargo cover clips
      Sorry the wheels were not as good as thought. I could have helped you if I was there. I know how to get tires off with what they have there.
      1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
      1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
      2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
      2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
      2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
      1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• That is one kick ass Festiva you got there frankenfester.

I'd love to have mine even look half that good.
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-24-2013, 05:55 PM.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
          Heres a shot before the strip and after the rust commenced. And don't worry. It's only surface rust and is gonna be topcoated so it doesn't grow once it all brown's up.

-James
          Cool!!
          1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.

Mike

Comment

• Blue is blue...whatever. But Aqua is special!
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
              Sorry the wheels were not as good as thought. I could have helped you if I was there. I know how to get tires off with what they have there.
              It's cool, I think I was being a little too ambitious. I would have still had to shell out $200 for 4 brand new tires. Or found a place with a good set of used tires.
              I think I will just find a nice gloss black paint, and paint my wheels again. I need to paint my new rear wiper anyway.

Also I was going to get the fender, but then I noticed that the GLs had that stylized crease down the side, so it wouldn't have looked right with my 91' L.

Also there is no additional wiring needed for the rear wiper, the L models have the connector. Though I have yet to check to see if the washer bottle plug is there, my guess it is, no sense in wasting money on making separate wiring looms for different trim models.

Also, you were not kidding with that Blue GL that was there. That thing looked like it literally went through hell and back. The headlights lense were friggin' plexiglass glued onto some housings from some other car or something. The shifter had fallen through the floor, the carpets didn't have an inch of clean space, the engine looked like it sprayed a crap load of oil ALL over A/C parts and firewall.

Poor festiva.

Comment

• How much have you spent on stickers!? You have quite a few on there!!!!
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Also, you were not kidding with that Blue GL that was there. That thing looked like it literally went through hell and back. The headlights lense were friggin' plexiglass glued onto some housings from some other car or something. The shifter had fallen through the floor, the carpets didn't have an inch of clean space, the engine looked like it sprayed a crap load of oil ALL over A/C parts and firewall.

Poor festiva.
                  Yeah, that poor Festy. The things I got off her was the rear drums, brake adjusters, and brake cable. Even though the car looked like it was used as a kick ball. It had no rust and the brake cable looked new.

Mike

Comment

That is one kick ass Festiva you got there frankenfester.

I'd love to have mine even look half that good.
                    Much obliged sir!

-James
                    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Cool!!
                      Thanks yas!

-James

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                        How much have you spent on stickers!? You have quite a few on there!!!!
                        Through first sticker bomb I Did. Most of which is still on the back passenger side was from a stickerbomb book for 16$ they were also on the front before I redid it.
                        The front when I redid it would have normally cost 300$ But since the shop I'm with works with ihatestickers.com for wraps and stuff as a side gig from tattooing, I got them all for free.
                        People would think I've got hells worth of money in the stickers, But the truth is: I'm a cheapskate. Haha. If It's free, I'm all over it.
                        The only money I put into the car is mechanical and body (dents and stuff) and tires and wheels. Because id rather have a comfy ans safe ride I dont care how distasteful my car is to others, It's me. It's mine. It suits Me. Nuff said.

Oh, also I nabbed the big ass Mazda badge from the back of that Rx7 and Just installed it. Be jelly.

-James

Comment

• Started painting my brakes drums red with caliper paint, and re-coating my wheels with gloss black paint.

Also tidying up the lug-bolts, gave them a light layer of paint just so they were not that ugly rust color.
                          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-24-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                            Through first sticker bomb I Did. Most of which is still on the back passenger side was from a stickerbomb book for 16$ they were also on the front before I redid it.
                            The front when I redid it would have normally cost 300$ But since the shop I'm with works with ihatestickers.com for wraps and stuff as a side gig from tattooing, I got them all for free.
                            People would think I've got hells worth of money in the stickers, But the truth is: I'm a cheapskate. Haha. If It's free, I'm all over it.
                            The only money I put into the car is mechanical and body (dents and stuff) and tires and wheels. Because id rather have a comfy ans safe ride I dont care how distasteful my car is to others, It's me. It's mine. It suits Me. Nuff said.

Oh, also I nabbed the big ass Mazda badge from the back of that Rx7 and Just installed it. Be jelly.

-James
                            That's great James! You will not find an identical Festy like yours! Different is Awsome!

Mike

Comment

• Looks cool, Franken. Needs lowered.
                              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

That's great James! You will not find an identical Festy like yours! Different is Awsome!
                                You're right about that. Haha .

-James

Comment

Working...
                                X