Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivated myself with photos of new calipers and new wheels next to the car. Then iwashed and waxed it.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post

Pretty
      It looks like the retaining clip for the piston seal isn't seated properly. I also believe that the the little cotter pins holding the brake pad pins should be on the other side of the brake pad; that way the big pin will be all the way in and lot sticking out 1/4"
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
        It looks like the retaining clip for the piston seal isn't seated properly. I also believe that the the little cotter pins holding the brake pad pins should be on the other side of the brake pad; that way the big pin will be all the way in and lot sticking out 1/4"
        Lol that's where the pin was when I pulled it out. Makes sence though.

That was the only way I could put the seal that made sence. Do you have a photo of one seated properly. These were missing that part when I got them.

Edit. Unless you mean how the seal slips under the retaining clip. In that case I have already fixed that.
        Last edited by Chobobulous; 08-14-2014, 06:16 PM.
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• wow lots of festy's got love today, i had a rather sweet junk yard score today, found one 20 miles from my house at a little scrap yard, i got both door panels (with map pockets....bonus), both arm rests, the little square trim around door lock, dome light cover, rear view and passenger side mirrors, rear ash tray, marker light lens covers, trim around stereo n climate controls, and two chrome ford center caps all for a grand total of 30 bucks, got everything cleaned and installed
          93 L - white lightning

*Coming soon 93 GL - B6T, Aspire swapped

Comment

• Did a tune up and fuel filter on my "new" white 88 carby

Comment

• I'm still cleaning up the "new" 91 under the hood, and detailing a few parts with some chrome paint-

I knocked a fusible link loose and took a bit wondering why it wasn't firing- relieved it was only that

silencer and canister both gone now and lines plugged- runs great-

found the sending unit under the rear carpet- thinking it might be that when it was down- may replace eventually anyway-
              got new cap, rotor wires and gas filter and air filter ready- new plugs are in

evaluating tire/wheel situation
              have to check heater blower
              and theres a noisy exhaust leak somewhere underneath I haven't been able to check yet

summer in florida and I'm HOT and TIRED!
              Last edited by harpon; 08-17-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Nice car, Jacksonville?
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Resurrected little blue car for Jiminy Cricket. New master cylinder, put the axle that had popped out somehow back in, new rotor and cap, new trans fluid.

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                    Nice car, Jacksonville?
                    X2
                    Jack Byrd,
                    1991 Capri
                    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                    1970 Chev C10
                    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Sooo my car died an hour and a half from my house, theres some sort of alignment issue with the serpentine belt so it ate 3-4 belts to get home. Heck on the way back we replaced the stock BP alt with a KLDE one. Heres my friend hammering inside the wheelwell to get clearance for the alt throughbolt.
                      Attached Files
                      1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                      2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Drove the crap out of it on some twisty roads yesterday.
                        Ran like it was on rails
                        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Found a axle seal is leaking. Added 1.5 quarts of trans fluid...

Comment

• Cranked the boost.....
                            -Greg
                            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                            Redneck Engineer
                            FOTY - '09
                            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• I bought mine today. so excited, wife thinks i am crazy.
                              Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• Originally posted by burundon View Post
                                I bought mine today. so excited, wife thinks i am crazy.
                                Welcome to the forums!
                                95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X