Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes it is! When the guy found out it was going in a festy he said i could get it real cheap!! Gotta love craigslist.
    I wish you luck, my swap has caused me nothing but issues, right now I can't get the new axles in, they're the last thing. In my hopes of jiggling the pass. side axle that's halfway in out so I could squish the clip a bit, I pulled to hard on it and separated the inner joint. Now I get to deal with that too. I figure I can get 1000 for it if I put it on CL
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Cleaned my door cards with magic eraser today. They turned out great!
      I even used the eraser right on the black dirt on the striped fabric. No problemo.
      Picked the dirt right up. I give it the Festiva restoration Seal of Approval.

Comment

• I used a Magic Eraser on my door cards, map pockets, rocker trim pieces, dash, etc.
        It worked wonders on the door cards and removed most of the black shoe scuffs on the map pockets and rocker trim.

I will definitely be stocking up on those things. They're fairly cheap, too.
        ~Austin
        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• what i did with mine was try to get off the air filter cover without success haha butts that had it before stripped the blots/screws. drove it around bought a well needed belt that the old owners put on backwards im pretty sure. haha

Comment

• Well I worked on wifeys Festy a little while .I cut a little bit of the back sde off the front bumper to install a condenser fan and I used a relay to run with the compressor ,then I installed a brand new TXV and cleaned the evap coil.
            then I installed a new fillter/dryer and left it on my vac pump for 1 hour ,last charged it up with 134a and 2 ouces of oil and ran it up the freeway for 30 mins to see how it does .Well the thermo in the center vent was showing 45ish deg when outside temp was over 80 so she may let me have my car back now.
            Donn

Comment

• two, the only thing you need now is to install a cabin air filter. Do a search for the thread.
              Has anyone tried magic eraser on their bare, faded gray TPO (thermoplastic olefin) bumpers?
              Last edited by bravekozak; 08-25-2013, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Installed different (non Mazda OEM) injectors in my 93 :mrgreen:

Still trying to figure out what to do with the crap Denso ones. Sinkers for deep sea fishing? Throw at the neighbors dog to chase him out of my yard? Place in scrap metal barrel for added weight? All seem appropriate uses
                Last edited by Zanzer; 08-25-2013, 04:35 PM.
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Nothing today. Barely woke up, even.

Looked at my new-used Mazda B2200 truck mirrors. Thinking of modding my auto into a micro-A-Team-van. All because of some mirrors LOL.

So.. any 12-inch ATV tires street legal? o_O
                  White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                  White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                  1988 LX 5-speed
                  ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Took the wheels off to get a look at the front end. Needs a driver's side tie rod end and control arm. The vibration damper came apart and ripped the cv boot pretty bad on the passenger side. Also, I managed to replace the hood hinge and hang the new door. I'm really liking the blue/burgundy scheme. After I'm done the only thing left blue will be the chassis. 8)

Comment

• Started to encase the dash wire harness with 1" split loom. Took three quick pics before I started. I draped an extra old dash harness over the top so that you can see how much thicker the wire bundle has become. There are still a few ground wires to splice together. Added wiring for dimmable lighter ring, choke light, clock radio, gas door popper, remote door locks with horn honk (separate horn), light flash, dome light supervision, idle up for P/S and A/C, under dash courtesy lamps, cruise control main power switch and power windows.

Left hand side
                      Center
                      Right hand side

I couldn't figure out how to pop the unused terminals out of the Viper connector so I just rolled up the pigtails. I also wired for future door speakers and future cigar tray light. Note the large factory hold down clips on all plastic tabs.

I sure hope I didn't forget anything.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 08-27-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Wow.... I know you have worked many many long hours on that one of a kind wiring harness...and I'm sure everything will work like it's supposed to the first time you make the connections.

Comment

• Tapped the threads on the after market wheel adapter, and used new screws.

It was getting dangerous, 4 of the 6 holes were stripped out and the steering wheel was barely holding on.
                          Now it is nice and solid.

Also looked under the rad support that everyone says is a common rust point, and found about a 2-3inch wide bit of rust. It hasn't reached the point of rusting through yet. It this a key structural part of the car, or just something to hold the radiator up?
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I took my 93L to the muffler shop. Drove thru town with a very light foot on the throttle. Didn't want a ticket for having no exhaust hooked up. Now I have a nice 2.25 inch exhaust with 2 turbo mufflers in line. It was my 93's first trip on the road since it's rebuild. It was NICE!!
                            Jerry
                            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Got all the vacuum lines off for Weber carb swap, went to unbolt the carb and....

I could only get to three of the bolts with the tools I have. One is under part of the carb, and my hands can't get in to access it. Sigh. Went to AutoZone to see what they had, 400lb guy suggested I buy one of those 'crow-foot' sets, as he was sure that'd work. I told him it was 12mm like 4 times while I was looking for the right tool.

Got home. Realized crow-foot had 11mm, 13mm.

No 12mm.

Hate life. Wasted 30 mile roundtrip. And my pride.

Back to it in the morning, I guess.. anyone else have trouble with that rear-left bolt/how'd you get past it? I figured one of those ratcheting wrenches with the foldable end.. but the only 12mm I could find of that was in a $120 set. That ain't gonna happen..
                              White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                              White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                              1988 LX 5-speed
                              ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• I replaced my old worn out brake pedal pad with a new one from www.roo-sport.com. They also sell the clutch pedal pads that match the originals.
                                93 GL

Comment

Working...
                                X