Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanked out the Planet Audio dvd headunit and put the basic Pioneer CD/AUX headunit back in.

Much better sound quality, and not as finicky.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Today i took the srt-4 battery out of my festiva so i could move it. Put festiva battery back in festiva. Originally i thought the festy battery failed but a wire had come off the positive terminal causing a no power issue. Battery sat 4 months in garage and still fired car right up. YAY two good batteries for the winter, that never happens. Don't mock my overnight low 40F winter it still makes batteries die. Went to lowes, got some nylon tubing and some fittings for the gauges but they are still not installed, the thought that counts I guess. Overall nothing got done but my garage is clean, did some tool organizing, talked myself out of new storage box @lowes because i made room.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
        Read "Bob is the oil guy", google it. All oil is the same at operateing temp. Just different at startup, where you need the thinner oil .
        I'd believe that, except our old 332hd, used 25/50.

Wouldn't hold safe oil pressure when hot. Granted it was worn out, but proof heavier oil is thicker when @ operating temperature.

Sorry, I'll believe the manual pressure gauge before a Web document.

I I'll agree a good new tight engine can use thin oil safely , anything heavier then needed, or unable to pump past clearances, will push relief open and dump back into pan . not to mention eat ponies.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
        Last edited by jason_; 12-27-2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• What it says is 0w-30 , 5w-30 , 10w-30, etc are all the same at operating temp. Ofcourse 20w 50 & heavier oils are thicker . We are talkin about Festys. Sorry Iwas not percise, hoped you'd read the artical, its interesting.
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Put the old struts back on.

I can tell you 100% there is almost zero difference in steering effort between the washer, and bearing tops.

Ride height is now back to normal, and so is the steering geometry. Ride quality has taken a bit of a hit though, but that is because they have like 313k miles on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
              Had a mini meet for our traditional xmas dinner!

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
              That's kool man, hope all are having a good holiday season.
              Jack Byrd,
              1991 Capri
              1988 Festiva LX, 240K
              1970 Chev C10
              1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                Put the old struts back on.

I can tell you 100% there is almost zero difference in steering effort between the washer, and bearing tops...
                I wondered about that. I just couldn't see them making that much difference. Will still put them on every car just because of the quality factor.
                -Bryant

Comment

• I notice the difference immediately between my cut rio struts and ex gf's stock Festiva struts in steering effort. I had to get an alignment of course, but the difference is greatest at parking lot speeds
                  -Zack
                  Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• My driver's side wheel is hitting the fender on bumps now. Running 175-70-13s. Starting to think the frame is bent a bit.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                      What it says is 0w-30 , 5w-30 , 10w-30, etc are all the same at operating temp. Ofcourse 20w 50 & heavier oils are thicker . We are talkin about Festys. Sorry Iwas not percise, hoped you'd read the artical, its interesting.
                      The viscosity of an oil could be reported at any temperature, but to standardize things, most laboratories report either a low temp (100F or 40C) or a high temp (210F or 100C) and stick with either SUS or cSt. The standardized temperature reading allows us to compare apples to apples for judging the thickness of the oil. At Blackstone, we report the viscosity at 210F SUS, which is about the operating temperature of your engine when it's warmed up and running.

Most labs test at both. I have done over a hundred of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                        That's kool man, hope all are having a good holiday season.
                        Thanks! We did, and it wasn't planned to be a "minimeet" although it worked out that way! Just most of our friends and family drive Festivas! Smedleys Lucky wasn't in this pic either

I hope you had a good one, too, Jack! We need to hang out soon!
                        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• I finally installed the energy suspension sway bar bushings with little spacer that I bought from another number I can punch the gas coming out of a turn with confidence and it does seem to suck up bumps just slightly better. Really has made a difference on a road full of ruts and stuff. I have NOT even change my suspension yet. I also think that my driver side now sits higher so if you think your frame is bent you should check your sway bar bushings considering the sway bar is half of the front of a festiva in essence.
                          Last edited by getnpsi; 12-29-2013, 01:05 AM.
                          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Installed cargo lights in Bessie and Nellie using the mercury switches in the tail gate.
                            They work great.

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                              I finally installed the energy suspension sway bar bushings with little spacer that I bought from another number I can punch the gas coming out of a turn with confidence and it does seem to suck up bumps just slightly better. Really has made a difference on a road full of ruts and stuff. I have NOT even change my suspension yet. I also think that my driver side now sits higher so if you think your frame is bent you should check your sway bar bushings considering the sway bar is half of the front of a festiva in essence.
                              If you haven't changed your suspension, and your driver's side is higher, that doesn't automatically mean the frames bent, dude. Your passenger strut could be shot from how many years of operating on bad bushings.

-James
                              Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Put new channel rubber in the left door on Trixie (had replace the right side earlier this year).
                                Smoother up and down now and nice seal around the window.
                                Also put clothes hanger hooks above the rear seat windows. Did not realize the L models did not have these until
                                I went to put in the clothes hanging bar to go on a trip a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X