Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got the Aspire engine set in the engine bay of the GL Sport. Wont be long, I might get to drive it again
    Last edited by drddan; 08-03-2014, 08:01 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• OK, just got from my 500+ mile test drive with new struts all around, new bump stops in the rear, and finally after years I have rear brakes to.
      Stopped and picked up my IP for my 6.2L diesel.
      While in sort of in the area, stopped in at the Gomez family ranch and pickup some parts to be transported down south.
      averaged 45.3 MPG for this little trip.
      Last edited by Pu241; 08-03-2014, 09:23 PM.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Good mileage! Was that with the BP?
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Replaced alternator with new about 3 months ago.. tonight the main power wire decided to turn to ash. I had everything necessary to re-wire it on me, so figured it would take me a few minutes and back on the road. Got my 10mm socket, barely touched the bolt, and it snapped right off!$#@!

Thus, I got someone to jump me up to a full battery, made sure all the lights were off, and planned on breaking down on the way home.
          55 miles and 67 minutes later, here I am. Gotta love Festiva power; didn't miss a beat. I did notice my turn signals were incredibly dim, and my brake lights likely weren't visible when being used. Battery read 9.57V according to my tester. I would figure the Weber and lack of ECU helped a good bit.

So any guess what I'm doing tomorrow?

-Joe
          White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
          White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
          1988 LX 5-speed
          ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Buying a new car?

Comment

• Noticed a bad leak at the fitting on the passenger rear wheel cylinder. =/

Didn't know anything was wrong till my brake light turned on during the drive home, and looked under and the whole inside of the rear passenger wheel was soaked in brake fluid. Great, and Wednesday it is going on a 500 mile trip....

I just hope the fitting came loose and I just need to tighten it up.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                Buying a new car?
                Never. Heck, how many cars made in the past 20 years can go a mile without an alternator?
                Last edited by Spike; 08-05-2014, 08:34 AM.
                1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
                  Never. Heck, how many cars made in the past 20 years can go a mile without an alternator?
                  My wife's 02 protege 5 went probably a half a mile with a missing alternator belt. Granted I had to shut the car off several times and wait because the same belt drives the water pump and the car got hot pretty fast. But two weeks later the battery was dead.

Comment

• "Dropped" the new-to-me B6-ME in today.

Didn't expect so much aggravation from it. Really blew my mind. Hoping the B3 ECU and fuel injectors and VAF will keep it happy-ish till I can get a more permanent solution installed.

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER attempt to install the engine with the trans in the car again. I know people say it's no big deal, but I just can't do it, and I wasted 1/2 a day trying. So...
                    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                      "Dropped" the new-to-me B6-ME in today.

Didn't expect so much aggravation from it. Really blew my mind. Hoping the B3 ECU and fuel injectors and VAF will keep it happy-ish till I can get a more permanent solution installed.

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER attempt to install the engine with the trans in the car again. I know people say it's no big deal, but I just can't do it, and I wasted 1/2 a day trying. So...
                      Ha ha ha I feel the same way! It was so much easier to pull the trans. Hardest part, lining up the bolt on the rear trans mount.
                      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• ^sweet.
                        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Blew a fuseable link today on my 1992 Festie Loaner vehicle. I am using my Father-In-Laws until the parts come in for mine :-). Anyway, blew the main fuse link. I used a PAL fuse in it's place. Don't know if it is a proper fix, but the car started and worked, so I guess it was a success!!

Comment

• Went up to Indy PaP for a used '89 alt yesterday, was a nice car. Looked cared for - re-upholstered interior, re-done door panels, newish carpet, new radiator (I know because it had the auto trans tubes on the bottom - was a 4spd car). Seems they had a Meineke repair quote of about $1000 for tie rods, ball joints, and rear bearings (SERIOUSLY?). According to the paperwork in the car, it was traded in at a dealer for an '04 Windstar; the dealer immediately sent it off to die. What a waste of a nice car.

Anyway! Installed used alternator (it said 9/2010 on the rebuild sticker) and it worked great; removed the new one for return. Replaced front brake pads (they were so close to scoring rotors), and added a half quart of oil.

-Joe
                            1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

• Drove it some more. Hoping to get around to an oil change on Saturday if I'm lucky. I'd LOVE to get this Converter to quit leaking.... it's irritating in the worst way....
                              Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                              89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                              Projects in the works:
                              84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Put all the AC components back on Bessie, Except for Accumulator Dryer. Had the wrong one so I'll have to wait until next week to complete the job.
                                I posted the one I had in the For Sale Section.

Comment

Working...
                                X