Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just replaced both LCA's along with the sway bar to LCA bushings with Moog parts. I replaced all 4 struts with KYB's, new coil over springs, Energy Suspension bushings on the front of the sway bar.
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 09-09-2014, 10:18 PM.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Topped up the trans fluid.. Still need to replace the pan seal.. again.

Love my Lil Blue.
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
        Topped up the trans fluid.. Still need to replace the pan seal.. again.

Love my Lil Blue.
        Too bad you won't treat it to some cleaner doors ^_^
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• Washed it.
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
            Oh great... Lovely. Autozone control arms are Dorman with a Duralast sticker slapped over the Dorman sticker.

I installed Dorman control arms from rockauto earlier this year. I will just have to be mindful of them now. But heck, the ones I pulled off the car were Dorman as well, and they were on the car for a while because they were the ones that were on the car when I bought it.

I'll just be sure to put some quality ones on when these eventually fail.

Ugg. I bought AZ last year because Bank of america was giving 10% cash back. His car needed LCA's, and so did mine, so I put them all on my car, and he paid me for putting them on his by paying for mine. He only has about 5K on his, I have over twice that much on mine.

The kicker? I am hoping they are getting better! They have a lifetime warranty, and I am about to run them in now.
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
              Ugg. I bought AZ last year because Bank of america was giving 10% cash back. His car needed LCA's, and so did mine, so I put them all on my car, and he paid me for putting them on his by paying for mine. He only has about 5K on his, I have over twice that much on mine.

The kicker? I am hoping they are getting better! They have a lifetime warranty, and I am about to run them in now.
              Yeah, Dormans have the Limited Lifetime as well. But thing is, you can't exactly return them without paying to ship them, then you have to wait, and the car is just going to be out of commission while you wait. I'll just order the Moog LCAs from rockauto once I see the Dormans getting bad. At least then I can just use the Dorman bushings on the MOOG LCAs since they haven't been on there long enough to need replacing.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                Yeah, Dormans have the Limited Lifetime as well. But thing is, you can't exactly return them without paying to ship them, then you have to wait, and the car is just going to be out of commission while you wait. I'll just order the Moog LCAs from rockauto once I see the Dormans getting bad. At least then I can just use the Dorman bushings on the MOOG LCAs since they haven't been on there long enough to need replacing.
                The good thing about AZ was I just drove down and swapped them out. Dude pulled on the ball joint to see how loose it was, and it came apart in his hand.
                :eeeeeek:

Imma order in some Moogs soon to have on hand, my tie rod ends are already Moog.
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• I quit finally being stupid about the steering issue, fixed it and drove the s### out of it.

Comment

• Want to buy these, any chance they'll fit a stock 91 http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/4654649169.html
                    Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• Festiva stock bolt pattern is 4x114.3. According to the ad, they are dual pattern and should fit. I believe there is at least one person on here with those wheels on their car. Maybe they will add their opinion to this.
                      Jerry
                      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Originally posted by burundon View Post
                        Want to buy these, any chance they'll fit a stock 91 http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/4654649169.html
                        Yes I have the same exact wheels, and with good rubber. $275 is a great deal! I paid $280 for my set, brand new, no tires. Make sure you get the hub rings that came with those wheels so they are centered to the hub when you go to install them.

Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Wow, thanks guys. Dibs!
                          Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• I swaped the rear axle off boostiva yesterday gota get my wheel cylinder from advance and then put the lines on and get it back together

Comment

• I finished my axle swap and went to bleed my brakes and found a broken brake line.

Comment

• Drove it to town about 20 miles each way. Check the mileage the other day I am getting 37.5. on a four speed with stock engine 1988

Comment

Working...
                                X