Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was helping my dad with some yard work, as he pulled up the bolt holding the blade spun out, whizzed by my head at bullet like speeds. Cracked our windshield which I was standing right next to. Close one.

WTFestiva - Rally prepped bpstiva

Car #789
    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
    http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• That means something. Find out what.

I have the exact same mark on the windshield of my van from a bolt flying off another vehicle on an elevated, divided expressway. The funny thing about a circular inpression is that the crack does not spread out. Mine has been that way for six years now.
      Only use nyloc nuts on the blade from now on and don't forget to say thanks.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 05-11-2014, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• Went to work yesterday on repairing the frame rot near the driver's side rear beam mount. Welded 1/8" steel plate in place of a partially rotted frame bit, and filled the inside of another with a length of four 3/4" square stock pieces welded together as one 1.5" beam, bolted and welded in place. I have about 7 more feet of the 1/8" flat stock that I intend to use on and around the area, and as reinforcement on any other troubling areas of the chassis. In the end, the section of frame should be damn near one solid piece of steel, and will probably outlast the rest of the car.
        1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
        Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
        daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
        A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

• That sounds awesome, if only i knew how to weld better... or have a welder... I need to do this bad to our body... we've been putting in too many self tapping screws to keep things in place and need some more permanent solutions... did you cut away any of the underside railing or just fit this stuff on and around it?

Car #789
          Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
          1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
          1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
          http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• I got the Viper light flash working today. Two flashes for driver's unlock. Another two flashes for all unlock. One flash for lock.
            I swapped the bulb from the RX-7 security light to the lighted ring around the cigar lighter. I replaced the bulb with an amber LED in the security light. Security light flashes on remote lock. Only one electrical problem remaining. The secondary horn honk doesn't work. I have double checked to make sure the Honda Spree horn beeps. The Viper is supposed to send a ground pulse to the second horn relay. I think I will check it out by switching relays, to see if the Spree will beep with my horn button.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 05-15-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Changed out the accessorize belt since it was squealing like a cat was caught in there ever since the heavy rain we had yesterday, pulled it off and it was toast, backing had separated from the rubber, and like 6 teeth were missing.

Had a good run for a $5 cheapo belt, about a year or two.

What I find strange is Autozone Valuecraft belts are made in Korea, and the Duralast ones are made in Mexico. I would think the Korean made ones would be higher quality than the Mexican ones, even though the Korean ones are their budget brand.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Installed my new clutch, put everything back together and revised I didn't put my trans fluid in, what is the easiest point of filling?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Only point of filling that I know of is the speedometer cable assembly. Remove it (the cable assembly/gear assembly)and pour the fluid in thru the opening.
                  There's only one bolt that you have to remove, then twist the assembly and it should come out, and that one bolt may or may not be there.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Is it possible to remove a outter CV Joint from the axle without damaging the Joint? Any special tool to release that inner clip?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

• yes it is possible and no damage. Just keep parts together.
                      -Bryant

Comment

• @gomez how you go about releasing that inner clip on the inside of the joint/axle?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Brake Master Cylinder. Because stopping is important.
                          You can't polish a turd but sure as hell can roll it in glitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by RallyRat View Post
                            Brake Master Cylinder. Because stopping is important.
                            Lol.. I like it.

Sent from the depths of hell.
                            Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                            Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                            Highway - 7.32L/100km
                            City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Put in a new tie rod end, replaced a tire with a busted band, drove it like I stole it.

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Blew the motor

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                                X