Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sc72 View Post
    Bought some OZ rims from Prafeston at the Herman meet, all I need now is some new skins.

And a bit of a drop in height.

-James
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Drove mine 140 miles to rescue another. Thought it was a dizzy, turned out to be timing belt....bummer, another trip tomorrow
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Bought some OZ rims from Prafeston at the Herman meet, all I need now is some new skins.

Really nice. Like...:thumbs_up:
        Jack Byrd,
        1991 Capri
        1988 Festiva LX, 240K
        1970 Chev C10
        1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Decorated the roof rack and cab antenna to wake up and have to shovel the thing out...stay warm...

Blurry pic, but you get the idea.

-James
          Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
            I was actually thinking of doing a red strip on the bumpers since I do have a can on red paint. not sure how well the side trim will look red, will have to play with it in a photoshop like program see if it looks good.

I have thought of doing the whole car in bed-liner. (Minus anything plastic)

I didn't rough it up at all. I really should have though, but I am always impatient, so I just cleaned it. If it peels again I will just get a power sander and get it all back down to plastic then repaint it.
            When painting anything, always rough it up. On plastic, you can apply an adhesion promoter which helps tremendously. One such product is called Bull Dog. I agree with Brave, wide pin stripe tape is the way to go. There are side trim panels on XL's that had a stripe that lined up with the panel in the bumper. Looks great and get those wheels.
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Swapped in Ford Probe shifter throw is nice and short now. More info on my aapire swap thread.
              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Looking good man! Surprised those tires even fit on there! Guess your subtle lift helps! Glad they are getting put to good use!
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                  Looking good man! Surprised those tires even fit on there! Guess your subtle lift helps! Glad they are getting put to good use!
                  Id like some rims like that, You want to trade for something Karl ?
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                    Id like some rims like that, You want to trade for something Karl ?
                    Hm, Hello Fresh, yes there is something special I would trade for and good to hear from you, how is the building refurbishing coming along.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• The two smaller buildings were demolished after closer inspection.? Ive been reinforcing a barn now. the upright poles holding up the barn are rotting at ground level. They are about six foot deep and someone drove huge nails into the post prior to pouring concrete in. Its been a real bitch getting them out. The same person has a 40' x 60' barn that needs an overhaul. We will probably start on it before long. You kind of have to pick your days this time of year. I dug out the factory cruise control today while cleaning up the shop, Would that be special enough, if not I might add some cash depending on the wheels condition.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hm, Hello Fresh, yes there is something special I would trade for and good to hear from you, how is the building refurbishing coming along.
                        I figure before this goes any further you should know that these tires are BALD I mean there is air in the tires but I have no idea what is keeping it in there, 3 out of 4 wheels are very nice but one has rash in 2 places, so in the spirit of full disclosure, now you know the rest of the story. Yes that would be it and no nothing else would be needed to sweeten the deal.
                        Last edited by sc72; 12-02-2013, 11:03 PM.
                        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I figure before this goes any further you should know that these tires are BALD I mean there is air in the tires but I have no idea what is keeping it in there, 3 out of 4 wheels are very nice but one has rash in 2 places, so in the spirit of full disclosure, now you know the rest of the story. Yes that would be it and no nothing else would be needed to sweeten the deal.
                          what size are the wheels? Festiva pattern or aspire ?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Festiva pattern and 15"

Comment

• Fresh, you can look up the particulars on the wheels. I sold them to Karl and they are off of a Mitsubishi Lancer. They are O.Z. Rally Racing wheels and are the ones Charlie has put on several of his Festies. There are several threads around the forum I believe talking about these wheels and what tires fit them well. Wherever they end up I'm glad someone is getting to put them to use. They were just taking up space in my garage and I got a really good deal on them several months ago.
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Spent most of the day working on Blue. Replaced the left rear brake line from front to back (9 feet) Put in a 3' line and a 6' line since the auto parts place didn't carry 9'. Bled the brakes all around and now the pedal is solid. The old line had a break in it & I had to crimp it off to get it home when we purchased Blue.
                                I still need the replace the rear brake shoes and put in new baring's & an axel nut on the right rear.
                                1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                                1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                                1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                                2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                                2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                                2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                                1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X