Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately only been driving the Monte Carlo lately. Much better winter/highway car. Granted being nearly 3700lbs, and only a 160HP V6 with a 4speed slushbox behind it, it definitely is slower than the Festiva, and handles far worse. But very comfortable, and not as many quirks as my festiva has. Though the rear strut towers have rusted through on the driver's side, and it is getting there on the passenger's side.

Plus I only have 1 key for the Festy, and it is on the verge of breaking. I had my other key in a hideaway box underneath, but it fell off. =/

Once it gets warm I am just going to swap all the locks and ignition over from the 88LX since that has 2 perfect keys.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Bought a 91 Festy!
      Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by ottoparts View Post
        Bought a 91 Festy!
        Congrats.now lets see some pics!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
          Unfortunately only been driving the Monte Carlo lately. Much better winter/highway car. Granted being nearly 3700lbs, and only a 160HP V6 with a 4speed slushbox behind it, it definitely is slower than the Festiva, and handles far worse. But very comfortable, and not as many quirks as my festiva has. Though the rear strut towers have rusted through on the driver's side, and it is getting there on the passenger's side.

Plus I only have 1 key for the Festy, and it is on the verge of breaking. I had my other key in a hideaway box underneath, but it fell off. =/

Once it gets warm I am just going to swap all the locks and ignition over from the 88LX since that has 2 perfect keys.
          My roommate drives a '99 Lumina, same car with two more doors.. His 3100 V6 gets 28MPG highway - just a few ticks less than my auto Festy

Instead of swapping the locks and ignition, what about cutting a new key before the old one breaks?
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
            My roommate drives a '99 Lumina, same car with two more doors.. His 3100 V6 gets 28MPG highway - just a few ticks less than my auto Festy

Instead of swapping the locks and ignition, what about cutting a new key before the old one breaks?
            Yeah I am trying to do that first, but Lowe's already turned me down because they didn't want my key possibly breaking off in their machine.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• nothing , , checked the oil, good to go,, outside temp 8 degrees, turned over and started right up, what a sweet baby , love my 89 gokaht {fetstie}

Comment

• Originally posted by gokaht View Post
                nothing , , checked the oil, good to go,, outside temp 8 degrees, turned over and started right up, what a sweet baby , love my 89 gokaht {fetstie}
                It wahmed up to 8? lol. I don't miss them cold new england wintahs, I'll tell you that.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Pic's as requested.
                  Bought we broken timing belt. Cheap it was.
                  Pulled head today as there was no compression in the #2 and #3 cylinders.
                  As well as fixing the engine, we are now on the look out for an Aspire parts car.
                  Future plans are a B6t or something as fun. Gotta find a donor first.
                  Until then, drive the wheels off it.
                  Attached Files
                  Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• The 88..Changed oil, topped fluids, adjusted valves with new gaskets and grommets, ebay air filter ( rockhill) ?? must be an east coast brand. Pulled both plates inside valve cover and decarboned and cleaned the little emission filter. Used a can of carb cleaner on the choke linkage and intake until it all looks like new. Swapped batteries with the 90 red car to keep both healthy. Miata agm batteries, love those little things. Ran the red car long enough to top the air in the tires on it and on the ATV trailer.
                    Looked at a supercharged 1991 Miata for sale.
                    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Since the Ol 92 was sort of sounding like it had a high rpm miss I tore off the intake and cleaned up the throttle body...squirt squirt .....wah lah......no more miss sound in the higher rpms......and it was only 5 bucks.
                      And, getting ready for next saturday when I get my quarter pulled out which will start a domino affect of body work to be unleashed on my pile.....then paint, interior and sound system and finally walnut blast my alloys and taa daa.....freshy fresh 92 GL ready for Madness.....I hope.
                      92 GL, 98k
                      77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                        Yeah I am trying to do that first, but Lowe's already turned me down because they didn't want my key possibly breaking off in their machine.
                        Any good locksmith should be able to make you one from your lockset.
                        Jack Byrd,
                        1991 Capri
                        1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                        1970 Chev C10
                        1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Welded an O2 bung on to Pedro's down pipe. This will be where the wide band sensor will live while I'm tuning the car.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I modified the stock engine mount to clear the b6d timing cover and drop the engine 1/2". This works with 1 3/8" long spacers that go between the block and stock Festiva mount bracket.

Comment

• nice welds!
                              The Festiva Store
                              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

• Charlie, that gives me an idea for my front mount with the B6T mounted in the stock location.
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada
                                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                                X