Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't done anything lately to my Festiva, not since I bought the wheel covers online for $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by cav5k View Post
        I haven't done anything lately to my Festiva, not since I bought the wheel covers online for $50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Mine originally looked just like this, minus the covers. I even have that dent on the rear passenger panel.

-James
        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Got the 175/65r14s installed yesterday. They're pretty close to the rear perch on stock suspension, and do rub the rear fenders. Plan on rolling them this weekend, but for now the occasional rub after hitting a big bump is fine.

-James
          Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Checked to see why Blue's tire went flat. Well, the tire is so dry rotted the side walls are starting to disintegrate. Holes popping out all over the side walls. No fixing that flat.

The guy I purchased Blue from said it sat for several years. I guess he wasn't kidding.

Looks like 4 new Yokohama's 145SR12 is in store for Blue. Blue will be happy!
            1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
            1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
            1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
            2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
            2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
            2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
            1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
              Mine originally looked just like this, minus the covers. I even have that dent on the rear passenger panel.

-James
              That is a popular place for a dent. Mine has it there too.
              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Mine does too!
                Haha.
                It's a conspiracy.
                ~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Bessie has one at the same place on the driver's side. It's a result of the PBKS syndrome.
                  "Parking Beside Kids in Suburbans".

Comment

• I have the same dent I hurd its from trying to lift the car from the finder.. I still think there is just a truck dedicated to backing in to festys rear fenders!!
                    1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
                    R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

• Yup me too.

Haven't done anything with mine lately, too cold to do anything. about all I did today was brush the snow off the windows, and drove it to get myself some lunch.

I did try some 93 Premium when I filled up last week, just to see if the timing was off if I would see any improvement, nope just hurt performance a bit, also it REALLY hates starting after sitting in the cold snowy driveway all night, takes like 5 key turns before it will stay running, all the other times it either won't fire, or it will act like it wants to start but just dies, though I have always had this problem, but it is just more pronounced because of the cold and the 93 Premium.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                        Yup me too.

Haven't done anything with mine lately, too cold to do anything. about all I did today was brush the snow off the windows, and drove it to get myself some lunch.

I did try some 93 Premium when I filled up last week, just to see if the timing was off if I would see any improvement, nope just hurt performance a bit, also it REALLY hates starting after sitting in the cold snowy driveway all night, takes like 5 key turns before it will stay running, all the other times it either won't fire, or it will act like it wants to start but just dies, though I have always had this problem, but it is just more pronounced because of the cold and the 93 Premium.
                        Here is a reasonable explanation of your experience with 93 octane fuel:
                        AUTO DOC / Why Higher Octane Causes Hard Starting

Published: November 29, 2001 7:00 PM
                        By JUNIOR DAMATO. Junior Damato is an accredited master automobile technician, radio host and writer for Motor Matters who also runs his own 10-bay garage near Boston. Send questions to Junior Damato, c/o Special Sections, Newsday, 235 Pinelawn Rd., Melville, N.Y. 11747-4250.

DEAR DOCTOR: In a recent column, a reader complained about
                        a gas ping when he used 87-octane gasoline. You advised him to try 89 octane
                        and not the 92 or higher octane. The reason you gave was that the higher octane
                        can cause hard starting, hesitation and even activate a "check engine" light.
                        My question (and I suspect a lot of other readers would like to know, too):
                        What is the reason that higher octane causes this problem? -Tom
                        DEAR TOM: The higher the octane, the more heat or spark is needed to light
                        the fuel. The lower octane will fire up easier, especially in cold weather. The
                        higher octane fuel is required in high compression engines. A low compression
                        engine does not squeeze the air as much as the high compression. Think back to
                        the old days of the 1960s and early 1970s. Some cars and trucks would either
                        ping or keep running when the key was shut off. A simple fix was premium
                        gasoline. The higher octane gas would not ignite when ignition was shut off. In
                        some cases the "check engine" light would come on if the engine computer was
                        trying to get the engine to ping for its own testing.

Comment

Yup me too.

When your running premium you just have to advance your timing to compensate.
                          I always run premium and even in the temps below 20* it fires right up within a revolution or two.
                          Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
                            When your running premium you just have to advance your timing to compensate.
                            I always run premium and even in the temps below 20* it fires right up within a revolution or two.
                            Yes I know this, but I though maybe if the timing was off maybe it was advanced a bit, so I took a shot in the dark and filled it with premium. I figured it couldn't hurt to try.
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Yes I know this, but I though maybe if the timing was off maybe it was advanced a bit, so I took a shot in the dark and filled it with premium. I figured it couldn't hurt to try.
                              Here is link to an easy to understand article about the relationship to ignition timing, compression and anti knock fuel formulation.
                              Gasoline engines used to be so much simpler back in my younger day when we were buying leaded gas for 25 cents a gallon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
                                That is a popular place for a dent. Mine has it there too.
                                Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                                Mine does too!
                                Haha.
                                It's a conspiracy.
                                Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                                Bessie has one at the same place on the driver's side. It's a result of the PBKS syndrome.
                                "Parking Beside Kids in Suburbans".
                                Originally posted by chris (Festiva) View Post
                                I have the same dent I hurd its from trying to lift the car from the finder.. I still think there is just a truck dedicated to backing in to festys rear fenders!!
                                Mine was from high school where some kids decided to pick up the festy at the four corners and put it on a 13" high curb so I couldn't get it off. One used his back side facing the car and its a butt dent. Lol
                                They got theirs though.

-James

Comment

Working...
                                X