Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I drove it. Then came home and tattoo
    Tattooed my own hand.

-James
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Ow.

Lots of ow.
      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
      1988 LX 5-speed
      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
        Ow.

Lots of ow.
        Ow yes. But when doing it to yourself you know the pain and can adjust as you see fit. When I'm tattooing someone else, I drive it in haha.

-James
        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
          Ow yes. But when doing it to yourself you know the pain and can adjust as you see fit. When I'm tattooing someone else, I drive it in haha.

-James
          You should have tattoed the signature

sent from the depths of hell.
          Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
          Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km
          City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Pulled out the nozzle and cleaning it.

Dug out some gunk out of with a twisty tie, and now is soaking in some alcohol. In another hour I will blow it out with the air compressor, and go and reinstall it.

I've been desperate for a working washer nozzle because of all the salt build up on the windshield.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
              I drove it. Then came home and tattoo
              Tattooed my own hand.

-James
              great work!
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                great work!
                Thanks a lot Dan-man!

-James

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                  Pulled out the nozzle and cleaning it.

Dug out some gunk out of with a twisty tie, and now is soaking in some alcohol. In another hour I will blow it out with the air compressor, and go and reinstall it.

I've been desperate for a working washer nozzle because of all the salt build up on the windshield.
                  There is a salt solution you can buy called salt-x that apparently washes off salt and protects your car

Last edited by jawbraeka; 01-04-2014, 09:51 PM.
                  Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                  Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                  Highway - 7.32L/100km
                  City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                    There is a salt solution you can buy called salt-x that apparently washes off salt and protects your car

Never heard of the stuff.
                    Any old washer fluid washes it off. Though now I am partial to the Rain-X brand, I did notice a improvement with my rear window with the rain-x over the cheapo blue stuff.

Definitely worth the extra buck or two.
                    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 01-04-2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• I went to Ft Walton and bought # 6. I drove it onto a dolly and dragged it from Ft Walton to Auburn Al. It pulled easy. The seller had contacted a battle buddy of mine to sell it for scrap. He was offered $100 if seller would drive it to Andalusia. My battle remembered I was a freak about Festiva's and called the tip to me. So, I have another Festiva and got it for $200. Runs! 91 gl ford blue

Comment

• I don't understand these damn nozzles at all.

Cleaned the gunk out, let it soak in alcohol, and used a air compressor to force air through it, and worked on the car for maybe 10 seconds of spraying time before clogging up again.

I don't get it!! Why does these pieces of junk just refuse to spray? I can get the damn hose to be a better nozzle just by pinching the end than this peice of $#!7.

Comment

• sounds like you have crap in the line. Need a filter or something. Clean the whole system out and install a nice high flow filter
                          -Bryant

Comment

• Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                            sounds like you have crap in the line. Need a filter or something. Clean the whole system out and install a nice high flow filter
                            Well 3 of the 4 holes are spraying onto the windshield now, not very high up mind you, but it was a damn site better than before where it didn't work at all.

It will work for now, until I can find one that wasn't as cheaply made.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                              Well 3 of the 4 holes are spraying onto the windshield now, not very high up mind you, but it was a damn site better than before where it didn't work at all.

It will work for now, until I can find one that wasn't as cheaply made.
                              I had this sameish problem on my carpet cleaner. Granted your problem isnt being caused by hard water calcifying in the heater unit, this is what i did to rectify the problem.

I took off one nozzle cleaned it up real good so it squirted like it was supposed to, then i used CLR to decalcify the heater unit. You can probably skip the CLR step. Then i flushed out the line by spraying water through it. In your case you can just run washer fluid into a cup or something, just to get the crap out of the lines. I bet sediment is sitting at the bottom of the fluid tank. I reinstalled the nozzle and did the other side. It took two tries but now my carpet cleaner sprays awesomely.
                              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Just topped up and figured 28 MPG OUCH!

What the flying $#@& is wrong? The car drives just fine, except for what sounds like an occasional miss while idling.
                                This car should be achieving 35 MINIMUM under ANY driving conditions regardless if they are short trips in the cold.

Starting to think that accelerating up to 65 on to the highway to get off the highway one exit later is proving to be more costly on gas than going the route with 7 stop lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X