Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva is still stuck an hour away, the new water-pump is on but everything else needs to be put back in place. Ran out of time, and daylight. I had to work today, but my brother went down to try and get it fixed up, but didn't get down there until 3pm.

Apparently the A/C compressor was in the way and contributed to it not getting done.
    Both me and my bro don't have the time tomorrow, so we won't get back to finish the job until Sunday.

Until then I am uneasy about all the weirdos that go to that junkyard walking around my car in the time being. At Night I have no problem since it is all locked up there.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
      Although I have the power to possibly push a small plow, I'd rather not have to deal with that. Haha. I did pick up a huge human plow that you push behind and its like 3 feet wide. I'll use that after the snow we are currently receiving as I type.
      Mother nature said to the frigs with ya this year.

-James
      It snowed for the last week now it's raining! Lol
      1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
      2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
        It snowed for the last week now it's raining! Lol
        It has barely stopped here since it began Sunday. There have been a few hours of breaks here and there. But it seems as soon as everyone gets shoveled and the roads are plowed, it dumps back out of the sky again

-James
        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Car is all fixed and back at home. The first time we put it back together it was off 2 teeth, but after setting everything to TDC it is all a-ok, even runs a bit smoother than before it threw the waterpump.
          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-22-2013, 08:22 PM.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Shoveled it out again today. 18" was what we got this morning.

-James
            Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Turned it on. Then turned it off and cleaned up the coolant that went everywhere. I tightened the connections, topped it off. Almost finished! Few more littje things to do.
              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Franken, We have sent a special weather bomb to you from Southern Ontario. You ain't seen nothing yet. We are anticipating a lot more power lines snapping in the wind as the temperature takes a dive. Right now there are about 150,000 without power. Can you say "Festiva popsicle"?
                Last edited by bravekozak; 12-23-2013, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  Franken, We have sent a special weather bomb to you from Southern Ontario. You ain't seen nothing yet. We are anticipating a lot more power lines snapping in the wind as the temperature takes a dive. Right now there are about 150,000 without power. Can you say "Festiva popsicle"?
                  Holy cow man. We haven't suffered a power loss yet, but we have probably accumulated about 4 feet of snow to date. I was tempted today after I had shoveled all the snow from the drive into the back yard, to make a snowstiva snowman. Lol. I think I may do it.

-James

Comment

• Need help bad. The water pipe that goes from the heater core to the bottom of the motor broke on me. I cannot find this part anywhere please someone help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by timarellanes View Post
                      Need help bad. The water pipe that goes from the heater core to the bottom of the motor broke on me. I cannot find this part anywhere please someone help

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

This is what I found. Don't know the exact part. First link is the heater core hoses, second link is where you can decide if its the heater core drain hose, or the heater core hoses or what have you. Wish I could help more.

-James

Comment

• Also from what I can see, the heater to motor hose is only $6? So if you can wait for it to get shipped, or just use the part number and go to advanced, autozone, or O'Reilly, you may find it with the part number there.

-James

Comment

• Originally posted by timarellanes View Post
                          Need help bad. The water pipe that goes from the heater core to the bottom of the motor broke on me. I cannot find this part anywhere please someone help

wrongforum.gif

Next time post on the For sale/wanted forum if you need a part.
                          Are you looking for the bypass pipe assembly? #26?
                          Available from Four Green.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 12-23-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• It's like that one but one less little pipe. I have a pic but this app will not let me add it.

Comment

• Flushed the engine oil system and changes over to Amsoil 0w-30. Time to count the leaks! The oil says its good for 25000 miles... I wonder how it will do for real?

Also rotated the tires.
                              HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                              "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Originally posted by Huli View Post
                                Flushed the engine oil system and changes over to Amsoil 0w-30. Time to count the leaks! The oil says its good for 25000 miles... I wonder how it will do for real?

Also rotated the tires.
                                Low to no weight oil is also good for winter months so it gets back up in the engine quicker.

-James

Comment

Working...
                                X