Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jason_ View Post
    On the way to grab the truck to push snow, car was biting serious drifts, now my charge light is really bright when idling, dimly lit when revved in operating range.

Think I smoked the windings? It turns and doesn't slip.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
    No issues. Snow in windings. About to loose a bearing though. She's rough.

Comment

• Replaced master cylinder, bled brakes.

The '89 is alive again. woot woot. Now to go take a nap.
      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
      1988 LX 5-speed
      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• One of the hose clamps on my heater core failed. The worm screw was completely missing, and just the metal band was hanging from the hose.

Also going to back flush the heater core today, see if I can't get this heater to work better. Since I have seen people claim they start getting heat once the needle comes off its resting position. Not on mine, I don't start getting heat until it reaches the low mark of the normal range, and don't get "good" heat until it is a decent ways into the normal range, and even then it isn't as hot as it should be.
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 01-27-2014, 02:39 PM.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Bought a nice looking "U"-shaped front manual seat belt receptacle on e-Bay plus brand new (NOS) "FORD" and "Festiva" emblems for the rear hatch.

(BTW, the seatbelt receptacle was black. I've never heard of black before, just the standard gray or brown. Anybody seen a black one before? And, no, it's not painted. Weird.)
          88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
          88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
          91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
          93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Ordered a Vacuum gauge from ebay to help me adjust my driving habits to maximize MPGs.

Because for some reason no McAutoparts stores carry them. They carry boost gauges that also read vacuum, but no sense in that when I don't have need for the boost portion. Plus I save money this way.

Comment

• Replaced stator. Cracked. $15.

Comment

• After I left work last night (and finally got home) I should have added to my "what did I do" post that I.....ran out of gas.

Stupid gas gauge!!!!!!! :gritteeth: :gritteeth: :gritteeth:

It works for about the top 1/3 of the tank-full and then drops to "E". I track the miles but forgot to factor in warming up/idle time sitting in my driveway on these cold Oklahoma winter mornings.
                Last edited by Twistiva; 01-28-2014, 07:10 PM.
                88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Left work tonight 7° .
                  plastic is very I repeat VERY brital at 7 °
                  my seat belt receiver busted sending little bits of plastic down in its self locking the push button down.
                  and now my seat belt wont latch
                  I'm moving south lol

Comment

• Originally posted by william View Post
                    I'm moving south lol
                    I have been saying the same thing for a while now, but the wife says NO!!!

Canada is warmer this time of year. At least this year, this January, with this polar freeze, maybe moving North is better. LOL
                    Last edited by Gomez; 01-28-2014, 08:33 PM.
                    -Bryant

Comment

• Drove about 150 miles.
                      Have the upper and lower grilles, and completely blocked off, so it ran a tad hot at highway speeds, but the furthest it got was maybe 3/4 up the gauge, and that was when I turned the heater off cause it got real toasty inside the car. lol
                      I did notice my dash lights dim when the cooling fan kicked on, even though I was running between 2.5k and 3k rpms.

But yeah, reason for the trip was that something was wrong with the heads on my brother 99' malibu (valve trouble), so he picked up a pair of heads off craigslist for $25.

Comment

• Since the weather finally broke, I was hoping to get back out into the garage and start work on the car again. I actually made it to my toolbox and had a 10mm socket and ratchet in my hand to start tearing into the engine bay. But the kid's homework called and that was that. Darn-it!!!!
                        -Bryant

Comment

• Got the $15 vacuum gauge from ebay, got it all hooked up, and low and behold the POS doesn't work.
                          Lights up, and the needle only moved to the 10 mark upon startup, and got stuck there, dropped maybe a hair once the engine was shut off.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                            Got the $15 vacuum gauge from ebay, got it all hooked up, and low and behold the POS doesn't work.
                            Lights up, and the needle only moved to the 10 mark upon startup, and got stuck there, dropped maybe a hair once the engine was shut off.
                            I think I paid 20 for a decent one from advance auto 3 or 4 years ago. Analog, hasn't failed me.
                            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                              I think I paid 20 for a decent one from advance auto 3 or 4 years ago. Analog, hasn't failed me.

I got it to work. But I have no idea if it is working properly, or if my engine is showing some bad signs. Because it idles at about 8-10 inches of vacuum (Supposed to be around 14), but it does fall normally on throttle blip, but as soon as there is any load on the engine, like acceleration, the needle vibrates violently, with about 2k rpms it vibrates violently between 15, and 0 inches of vacuum. I have a video of it, will upload it shortly.
                              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 02-03-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                                I got it to work. But I have no idea if it is working properly, or if my engine is showing some bad signs. Because it idles at about 8-10 inches of vacuum (Supposed to be around 14), but it does fall normally on throttle blip, but as soon as there is any load on the engine, like acceleration, the needle vibrates violently, with about 2k rpms it vibrates violently between 15, and 0 inches of vacuum. I have a video of it, will upload it shortly.
                                Sounds like a leak somewhere in the vacuum... Sorry to state the obvious.. Check all your connections and replace all hoses regarding the vacuum.

sent from the depths of hell.
                                Last edited by jawbraeka; 02-03-2014, 04:46 PM.
                                Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                                Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                                Highway - 7.32L/100km
                                City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                                X