Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't bother painting, because people are going to kick them again.
    Do you have the two small square screw anchors for the front holes? The rear screws have flush heads.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-10-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Installed Chrome Door Handles and Hand Holds in back seat

Here are picture of the chrome door handles that I got from 1chrisapple and installed in Trixie and Nellie.
      I left the handles in the dark housings for Trixie but put them in the tan housings for Nellie.

The tan rear hand holds are in Nellie and the Gray ones are in Trixie. Had problems finding the holes
      to mount them at the front in Nellie so I now have a couple of extra small holes in the headliner.
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

• Screws came along with them. I didn't open the screws so I won't end up losing them. I assume they are the original screws.
        '03 Grand Am GT SC/T (DD)
        '93 Festiva L (Blue)
        '91 Festiva L (Red) (Sold)
        '87 Monte Carlo SS Areo Coupe
        '68 Ranchero Fairlane 500 (RIP)

Comment

• Any of the dash screws should work just as well

sent from the depths of hell.
          Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
          Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km
          City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Emergency Brake gave up the ghost.
            No longer grabs at all, and the handle pulls up with almost no effort, but still feels like the cable is attached somewhere.

another thing to do when it gets warm again.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Installed new front KYB struts and strut mounts. No more strange noises from the front end! I also replaced the outer tie rod ends, lower ball joints, brake calipers and pads on my 91 XR-2. Thankfully the parts are reasonably priced for it too.
              93 GL

Comment

• I dropped in an aspire b3 in mommas 91,
                And got rear beam with shocks/springs,front hubs with the struts/springs and tie rod ends, wheel/tires ,master cyl. with booster ,tank with pump from same aspire .Then pulled a b8 and ecm all for my old 89 project Festiva
                htd

Any body wanna help???
                Last edited by twopass; 01-12-2014, 11:10 PM.
                Donn

Comment

• wow. All that from my yards here in Ohio would be rusted beyond being useable. LOL must be nice to live south of the 39th parallel
                  -Bryant

Comment

• Got the new hubcaps, pretty cheaply made compared to the last swt I bought for the 12"s I previously had.
                    Half the clips broke off one when I removed it to acommidate the valve stem. Still holds to the wheel though.

Decided to paint them red.

1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Today I did a quick fit of this Honda console. I went ahead and made the purchase for the arm rest of ebay and to my surprise he gave me the cup holder which also has a din cubby I am going to put my radio in there. Amazing goes in there really super deep I had to notch it and remove top plastic,also rip out all the factory festiva black metal ti make it clear the blower box. In the picture of the Depth isn't that great but you won't even be able to see the radio unless you're behind it I think that's really good anti theft in my opinion
                      Last edited by getnpsi; 01-17-2014, 10:28 PM.
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• you have any more pics from further away. from outside car through open door maybe? or close-up of the mods to console under Festiva dash area? or maybe one of the armrest? Sorry ????? but I like the looks of it so far!
                        -Bryant

Comment

• yeah im about to leave my moms. Ill snap a pic. its still not done. It needs to be pushed back about 2 inches. For right now i left the original piece where the ashtray is under the honda console and self tapped screws to hold it in place. Youll also notice i am not running lap seatbelts LOL. I will address this when i remove it to paint it black, install headunit, and my black leather miata seats. I havent bothered tracking down some manual seatbelts. The armrest piece kinda floats in the air in the back but i dont see it, function over form in this case!
                          1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

• Here we go
                            Last edited by getnpsi; 01-18-2014, 03:01 AM.
                            1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

• that thing looks quite at home in there. I like it
                              -Bryant

Comment

• That looks a little on the tight side. I have a lot more room for my armrest because I offset the mounts for my seats. This is O.K. for me because my bail bar is on the front. Long armrests on the doors also help.

There are a few cars with narrower center armrests that may also fit.

There are lots of manual belts around for sale. Just make sure you determine the proper mounting tang length. There are both long ones and short ones.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 01-18-2014, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X