Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /\oops
    92 GL, 98k
    77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Ordered some new hub rings to fit the Aspire/Rio Swap. Didn't realize how much of a difference they made.

Been running the Aspire swap in the rear for more than half a year now without hubrings and never noticed any vibration from the rear, but as soon as I finished the Rio swap on the front this past week, and had to ditch the Festiva sized hub rings the vibration is noticeable as low at 45-50mph on the front wheels, and doesn't go away even when up to 85MPH.

Just ordered the cheaper Polycarbonite rings, since they seem to be just as good as the anodized aluminium ones which cost twice as much, just more prone to melting on extreme heat from race conditions, even then people said they never had a problem using them on the track.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I always make sure to center my spacers when I install my wheels on the rear of the car. Makes it easier when you have studs already in the hub.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Got my hub rings. Going to go ahead and install them.

Also going to install my new brake pads and stop using the junkyard ones. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
            It all works good. You could probably run ANYTHING but gl-5 transmission oil in a festy transmission and it will run just fine. Lol

I've even heard of people on here using Mobil 1 European synthetic motor oil. I forget the actual weight.
            That was me. 0w-40.

It was a little rough as it cleaned off whatever was on the syncros before I drained it, but now it's smooth as butter. Cold or hot. I love the stuff.
            Last edited by sketchman; 06-11-2015, 04:33 PM.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
              Got my hub rings. Going to go ahead and install them.

Also going to install my new brake pads and stop using the junkyard ones. lol
              Brake pads installed, and hub rings installed, and the hub rings made a world of difference. What was nearly unbearable, is nearly non-existant. There is still a little vibration there, but the tires probably need to be balanced again, but compared to before, it is night and day.

So anyone who is thinking of buying aftermarket wheels, get the proper hubrings. Most aftermarket wheels have a center bore of 73.1mm, at least that is the most widely used. The Festiva bore (inner bore size of the hub rings) is 59.6mm, Aspire/Rio swap is 54.1mm.

Comment

• I put in my tach gauge cluster.
                I was not expecting it to have a "lights on" bell.
                Thanks to Blacklabels for hooking me up.

20150613_161158_resized.jpg
                Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Washed it.

Need. Moar. Lowz.

Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• I was in WV today to pick up a transmission for my Capri. Wardensville. They had a 90 something Festiva, but it was pretty much stripped.
                    Jack Byrd,
                    1991 Capri
                    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                    1970 Chev C10
                    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Installed the spoiler I got from Blacklabels...
                      photo.jpg
                      93 GL

Comment

• Installed new rear wheel bearings.
                        Ahhh... quite.
                        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Put hood struts and a passenger side mirror on Pedro. Its 115 degrees in my garage, so I think I sweat off 10 lbs while working on the car. This will more than make up for the added weight of my spiffy new accessories.
                          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-20-2015, 08:03 PM.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Advanced, think penguin.
                            The days will start getting shorter again beginning tomorrow.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 06-20-2015, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Quiet, not quite.
                              Heaven.
                              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Drove my Festiva from Virginia to Florida ahead of my permanent move next week....800 miles @70MPH and got 41MPG!
                                93 GL

Comment

Working...
                                X