Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed my e-brake adjusters again. Winter in Ohio really takes its toll on 'em for sure. This makes the 2nd time since July I've had to do this. They were sticking really bad and I couldn't take the 30mpgs anymore. But, I had to wait til the weather broke since my garage is occupied by another Festiva. lol

Hopefully I get back into the regular winter mileage of 38mpg or so.
    -Bryant

Comment

• Originally posted by jdm19942 View Post
      I am not concerned about the radio just agitated because they broke the clips and the part where the screws go to secure the surround in place.
      jdm, you need to participate in the Four Green group buy and purchase a new bezel. Time is running out.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 02-24-2014, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• Had this rattle can of Rustoleum Royal Blue Gloss sitting on a shelf and a hood that was annoying me. I painted it in 40 degrees so it didn't lay right at all (fisheyes and runs all over), but if the color comes out anything like it looks wet, I know how I'm doing the repaint on ol blue. It's amazing how close it is. Pics when it's dry tomorrow.
        Last edited by sketchman; 02-24-2014, 04:04 PM.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Swapped my hood for a new one. Found a boost leak in my wastegate-MBC line. Washed my car. Deodorized the interior. Had some fun.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• I've been taking mine apart. It's my "No part left behind" policy. The white festiva was a one owner car with 140,000 on it. The fluids were mint. Working A/C still intact. Lots of goodies !! If or when it gets above freezing again I'll do some degreasing and power washing.

sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Too light, but better than flat black and graffiti "Turbo".

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

• I thought AutoZone/O'Reillys has the ford blue for the Festiva in a rattle can? Agreed, looks better than before!
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• I personally prefer flat paint on hoods. No reflection from sun into the eyes while driving. Too bad you didn't paint it flat blue with some orange pinstripe. It would have rocked.

Comment

• Not sure what I'll do permanently yet. The whole thing needs done, but that's when it gets warmer later on. I was surprised how good it came out. It got dark just after I painted it, and was down in the 30s all night. It was soaked with paint too. Somehow it still dried.

This was just to not get attention in it. Don't need attention in a stock Festy.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

• added a "fourbangin'" decal in the back and checked out the clutch, its making a creeking/ squeeking noise not sure whats going , maybe help? it only happens on neutral when pressing the clutch down and hear it some what while driving and pressing the clutch down. the noise is sort of like what you hear when you go up creaky stairs.
                      This is my festiva, there are many like it but this one is mine':fred:

Comment

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                        I've been taking mine apart. It's my "No part left behind" policy. The white festiva was a one owner car with 140,000 on it. The fluids were mint. Working A/C still intact. Lots of goodies !! If or when it gets above freezing again I'll do some degreasing and power washing.

Love the engine crane.. Level- EXTREEME.

Sent from the depths of hell.
                        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km
                        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Got rubber onto the Konigs, and got them bolted to the car.
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• ^PIX!!!! :twisted:
                            Last edited by sketchman; 02-27-2014, 06:31 AM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

• Please ignore the peeling cheap bedliner I put on back in November, I did it half assed and didn't even prep before hand. Going to alleviate that once warmer weather comes around and buy a random-orbital sander so I can give this car a good prep then paint.
                              But that will have to come after some of the body work I still have to do.

Last edited by TorqueEffect; 02-27-2014, 12:31 PM.
                              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Looking Great!!!
                                Jerry
                                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                                X