Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Thanks!

I will rest easier though when I get my locking lugs tomorrow. Hopefully they won't throw off the balance of the wheels, because they are a bit longer than the stock lug bolts.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
        Please ignore the peeling cheap bedliner I put on back in November, I did it half assed and didn't even prep before hand. Going to alleviate that once warmer weather comes around and buy a random-orbital sander so I can give this car a good prep then paint.
        But that will have to come after some of the body work I still have to do.

I'm not a huge fan of those wheels- mainly because they're cheap at Discount Tire and a lot of crappy cars around here have them (same for the MB5s/7s); but those don't look bad on your car.
        ~Austin
        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
          I'm not a huge fan of those wheels- mainly because they're cheap at Discount Tire and a lot of crappy cars around here have them (same for the MB5s/7s); but those don't look bad on your car.
          I have seen the generic knock offs that look similar, but are usually brushed silver. I rarely see Konigs around here. Only time I have seen them was the other day, they were on a truck and they weren't Incidents. The most common aftermarket rims I see around here are American Racing, most notably the Outlaw series.
          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 02-27-2014, 08:13 PM.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Daughters car might have lost a little oil...

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Is it any wonder it leaked from day one? PO used silicone with the seal!

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Switched out he drum and wheel bearing on the right rear of Blue from the parts car Red. I also cleaned out the nest in the air filter, but still smokes like a chain smoker.

I'm getting Blue ready for the trip to Marks house (zoom zoom) for the engine change on Thursday March 6th.
                1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
                  ...Matt's house (zoom zoom)...
                  lol

you will be 45 minutes from my house.
                  -Bryant

Comment

• For a few days the tip on the muffler was vibrating. I kicked it off and now the muffler has a hole of course. Drone at ~1900, which is liveable as/is becasue I'm never there...A few weeks back I purchased from CL a low miles OEM 2nd gen scion xB muffler, and get this...same length if you hack off the bend. Get this part two...the oem festiva O/D slides inside the scion oem pipe once hacked off. Get this #3, the scion muffler is a round can so you can spin it around and use its hanger if you desire. Let me go outside and show you a 30 dollar no weld solution for winter/cheapness/repurposing20140228_205951.jpg
                    Last edited by getnpsi; 03-01-2014, 12:11 AM.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• How's it sound? Looks great.
                      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Might be up for that... Get a video of it... At idle and full throttle.

Sent from the depths of hell.
                        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km
                        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• I've decided to sell my 92 GL/LXish 5 speed.....I have a local guy agreeing to buy it.....reason for sale: moving to Portland, Oregon in one month. So I'm gathering up all my parts and saying good bye to Festy ownership for now.
                          Last edited by avitsefdrof; 03-01-2014, 11:25 AM.
                          92 GL, 98k
                          77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• One winter up there, and you will be begging to go back to Florida and buy another Festiva. Did you tell the new owner about this site? Good luck in Portland. Don't forget to take an umbrella.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 03-01-2014, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Doing nothing to any of our cars today... it's too darn cold. It's -29°C/-20°F with a "feels like" temp of -40°!!!!
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Replaced another brake line on my Festie!! That is 3 so far. Probably going to replace the other front line when we thaw out.

Comment

Working...
                                X