Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good job Bear, it has a nice finished look.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• The 89 efi festy started bogging down today. Pulled over in a driveway to see my Rio brakes smoking on the left side. Pulled out of the drive 30 seconds later with no further problems... brake hose maybe? I used the brakes plenty after that with no problems.. beats me

Comment

• I don't know how much I put in today, but it was about 4 hours worth. Front Brakes, rotors, bearings (inner and outer), bearing seals and a new window channel guide.. PLUS, New brake and clutch pedal pad covers (oooh pretty)...

Comment

• Originally posted by 88festivasam View Post
          The 89 efi festy started bogging down today. Pulled over in a driveway to see my Rio brakes smoking on the left side. Pulled out of the drive 30 seconds later with no further problems... brake hose maybe? I used the brakes plenty after that with no problems.. beats me
          You may want to replace the flexible brake hose, sounds like it is starting to collapse internally, next time it may not release the pressure.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• second set of new drums, pull em from the box, one has been dropped and the lip is cracked, the other, i put races in, put it on brake lathe, wobbles worse than the first set.

dug my original drums out of the scrap pile, cleaned em, knocked the new wheel bearing races in, gave em a little kiss on the brake lathe, better than either of the new drums laying around my floor.

ill take back the second pair to my local parts house, but gunna scrap the ones from rock auto, not worth sending back.

Comment

• Got both calipers clean. Going to paint them tomorrow. Impatiently waiting for new tires and other random brake components.
              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I ran over a tire carcass going about 50mph, next day slight exhaust second day a little louder, third day HOLY **** THAT ***** IS LOUD!!!!!!!!1

Running just about open pipe now. I like the throaty sound and grunt, plus the looks from the import guys is hilarious!
                Not to mention that now it winds up to 85mph with no problem....AT ALL!

Makes me think about fixing the exhaust but installing an electric cutout for those fun times lol.
                Last edited by Damkid; 08-12-2014, 02:11 PM. Reason: language
                '93 festiva L, 5 speed.....All stock....

Comment

• ^Watch the language.

And I know what you mean. I had an open exhaust from downpipe back on my old carbed L. Ran GOOD and got great MPG too.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• CUCUY - read the language rules please

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Put new Rear bearings, brakes, cylinders and drums on Bessie.
                      Had over 330,000 on the original cylinders and drums. Was still working but one of the cylinders had developed a small leak so I figured it was time to
                      just redo everything. New Brakes Bearings Cylinders Drums (1).jpgNew Brakes Bearings Cylinders Drums (2).jpg

Comment

• Ordered new tires, again. People keep saying they have them then magically after I pay them they don't have them anymore.
                        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Carry outs man. I never pay to mount. That's like 2 new tires worth. And I don't leave unless they're in hand.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• Oddball size I guess. Oh well. I have Bridgestone coming.
                            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Pretty
                              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Screwed on my new capacitor. It will eliminate any radio interference caused by the firing of the distributor.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 08-13-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X