Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today with the help of a mechanic friend, I assisted in the replacement of the front axles and changed the transaxle oil. In the process, I found the lower control arms need to be replaced as well as sway bar bushings. I also discovered that the brake lights are not working as it seems that the brake switch on the brake pedal is broken. Also the brake fluid looked like swill and will need to be drained and changed.

Comment

• I hate brake lines. lol

Went to change the wheel cylinder, turned out I never changed it before, I just swapped the new pistons, seals and springs from the new one the last time into the old one. Mainly because the brake line was seized to the cylinder. So I ended up braking the line trying to get it off. So ended up with a trip up to autozone, grabbed a section of the nickle/copper alloy brake line.

But man were those brake shoes soaked in brake fluid, the paint on them was bubbled up all over and flaking off. Cleaned them up the best I could with brake parts cleaner, and threw them back on until I can get a new set, cleaned up the drums too, threw it all back together. I just need to put the wheel back on and drop it back on the ground. Luckily the reservoir didn't completely empty out, so I don't think any air got into any other part of the system. Brake pedal is extremely firm with the engine off.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Torque, my brake lines are just as new as the day I installed them.
        Link to my thread. I recommend them for everybody.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 09-28-2014, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• New front and rear main seals, cam seal, clutch kit, water pump, thermostat, timing belt and tensioner, both LCA's, output seals, new axles, 5 speed from 93 parts car (was cheaper than trans alone with all the extra parts, drove it for a year $600). Install motor and trans tomorrow along with the LCA's. All parts came from partsgeek.com and where exact replacements. $340.00 with $15.00 off coupon. Fast shipping.

I Love my Festiva. Now I have to figure out where the water leaks in from the outside (wet floor) and fix my drivers side window so you don't have to be Hercules to roll it up. 40 mpg sure feels nice.
          1991 Festiva EFI
          Papabug

Comment

• Check the corner of the plenum above the wiring harness. It is a very weak area where three seams intersect.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 09-29-2014, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• IMG_0828.JPGIMG_0827.JPGIMG_0829.JPGIMG_0829.JPGFinally got Rear Shocks and Springs replaced (bought last Nov). 7 hours, grinder and welder involved.. Yes. The passengers side shock bolt...

F3BZ thank you for the research you did here, http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...GRAB-BAG/page2 These springs fit perfectly and are just a little stiffer. I run 155/80/13 tires and my old springs and shocks were so bad that I could barely get 1 finger in in top of the tire. Now I can get 3. Not sure if the car sits higher because if the new shocks or the stiffer springs. Either way I like it much better..
              Last edited by ratorrey; 09-29-2014, 06:09 AM.

Comment

• for that silicon spray is your best bet.. made my window go up with one hand!

Comment

• Mounted some 6x9 speaker boxes to the parcel shelf. Bad thing is I had to mount them so far forward, i can't have the tailgate lift the shelf because they overlap the little flap that is supposed to bend when the tailgate lifts it. No biggie.

Even with the Dual brand speakers put in them, audio improved drastically, and I am still using the stock speaker wires which is less then ideal for quality audio.

Comment

• 0924175617.jpg
                    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Pulled the pan and head on my 93L to inspect pistons, rings, cylinder bores and oil pickup tube.

"Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
                      “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

• Man those are some beefy rods on those pistons.

Comment

• Rusted floor.jpgFixed floor.jpg
                          Before - No floors any more
                          After - Hacked together, but working floor again!

Comment

• Got rid of the rear end noise. Drums turned, new timken bearings, new drum brake hardware and shoes.
                            93 GL

Comment

• Originally posted by iriegnome View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]16400[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16401[/ATTACH]
                              Before - No floors any more
                              After - Hacked together, but working floor again!
                              Mother of lord. I thought my floors were bad on my first Festiva. I should've kept that thing.
                              Buck.
                              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• I got you beat. And I covered it with carpet!

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X