Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil change..fixed dash rattle, door rattle and exhaust rattle. Now I just gotta replace the noisy alternator and belt, replace the rear shocks.
    1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Relocated the horn somewhere that isn't always in the way.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
        Oil change..fixed dash rattle, door rattle and exhaust rattle. Now I just gotta replace the noisy alternator and belt, replace the rear shocks.
        That's a Lotta rattlin. Sounds like you were deaf going down the road...

WTFestiva - Rally prepped bpstiva

Car #789
        Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
        1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
        1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
        http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Serious. Bolt loose in center in dash, door handle linkage wasnt clipped in and one of the exhaust mounts had just zip ties holding, took 5 minutes lol

I was going flipping crazy lol
          Last edited by defprun; 03-26-2014, 12:23 PM.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by Haljordan1 View Post
            Where did you get the body kit in the front?
            Also how did you find rims for the car besides stock? I have a 91 festiva with stock 12 inch rims
            They have this marvelous new tool called "the internet"...... ccasion9:

Ha! Ha! Good luck finding what you need.
            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by Haljordan1 View Post
              Where did you get the body kit in the front?
              Also how did you find rims for the car besides stock? I have a 91 festiva with stock 12 inch rims
              Got the body kit & other stuff off of a guy that wrecked his, found on criegslist.
              Saw rims at a gas station used for sale.
              Just always keep my eyes open.
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Tonight I finally got the festiva out of the field running after new plugs fuel pump and battery were installed I kinda lucked out when they parked it they either drained the gas or were really low so the tank had almost nothing in it so little cleaning was needed. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the car to idle properly it ran well with no irregular sounds but one of the belts broke so I will replace both tomorrow. As well as ordered a new master cylinder. I have only had at my house for 2 days and for the last 7-8 years it had been sitting in a field.
                Last edited by jdm19942; 03-26-2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdm19942 View Post
                  Tonight I finally got the festiva out of the field running after new plugs fuel pump and battery were installed I kinda lucked out when they parked it they either drained the gas or were really low so the tank had almost nothing in it so little cleaning was needed. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the car to idle properly it ran well with no irregular sounds but one of the belts broke so I will replace both tomorrow. As well as ordered a new master cylinder. I have only had at my house for 2 days and for the last 7-8 years it had been sitting in a field.
                  7-8 years? Nice job on the resurrection! :-)

On mine today?......ordered some interior trim parts.
                  Last edited by Twistiva; 03-26-2014, 11:38 PM.
                  88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                  88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                  91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                  93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• The perfect alternative to a defective VAF, or in my case, no VAF.

I cut all of the extra wiring that came with the Revolution unit and installed terminals + connector. I need it to disconnect. It gives three seconds of priming. It runs on the ignition coil pulse. No pulse (engine not running), no fuel pump.
                    I will install it in exactly the same spot as the stock fuel pump relay.

Comment

• Finally drove a Festiva for the first time in what seems like a million years, it felt like the first time all over again. God how I've missed driving a Festiva
                      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                      89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                      Projects in the works:
                      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Brushed all the snow off it and fired it up.. can't drive Farmstiva at the moment as it clipped a porcupine last spring on the front left CV axle (I think) and it makes a serious rubbing noise on that side. The porcupine btw was about the size of a large Corgi for those that aren't familiar with their size and weight. Have a 93 GL parts car I rescued from a field for $50 that some kids trashed (to the point that the roof is caved down in the centre a foot in a V) that I'm going to swap all the front left wheel parts off to get Farmstiva back on the road.
                        Carz:
                        '09 Ford F-150
                        '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
                        '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
                        225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
                        ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

• Not today. But I removed all the cardboard from behind the grille, and radiator. Dumped in some Bar's leak sealer into the overflow, seemed to do the trick, no more leak from the freeze plug. Now enough pressure is building up in the system where my overflow tank is actually filling up instead of draining. lol
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Yesterday we installed the Aspire rack I bought from loknlode on my silver 90. I was thinking that the bushings were bad in the original rack which has 330,000+ miles on it.
                            When we removed the inner tie rods, we found the left one had loosened about 5mm. That was my issue. Still installed the Aspire rack as it was lower miles than mine.
                            Today I got it aligned and it drives a LOT better. Oh, we did use red loctite on the inner tie rods and the pin which had slipped out enough that it let the inner turn and loosen.
                            Jerry
                            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• I should double check mine I did not use loctite

Dave Forget

Comment

• The problem is we couldn't see it was loose behind the cover/bellows. It wasn't until we removed it that we saw it was loose.
                                Jerry
                                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                                X