Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhh
    1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
      Yesterday we installed the Aspire rack I bought from loknlode on my silver 90. I was thinking that the bushings were bad in the original rack which has 330,000+ miles on it.
      When we removed the inner tie rods, we found the left one had loosened about 5mm. That was my issue. Still installed the Aspire rack as it was lower miles than mine.
      Today I got it aligned and it drives a LOT better. Oh, we did use red loctite on the inner tie rods and the pin which had slipped out enough that it let the inner turn and loosen.
      I'd love to see a power steering setup from an Aspire transplanted into a Festy. I wonder if that is as easy as plug an play, or with minimal modifications.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• All we had to do to mine was change the inner tie rods.(We used mine off the Festiva unit). I see no reason that the power steering unit wouldn't swap in just as easy with the only addition of work being the hoses and pump.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• My brother had a bad experience trying to get an xr2 transmission. Now sick I'm como. Don't go to a1 automotive

WTFestiva - Rally prepped bpstiva

Car #789
          Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
          1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
          1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
          http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Stuck in como...

WTFestiva - Rally prepped bpstiva

Car #789
            Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
            1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
            1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
            http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• I'll get some pics up - but I have redone the headliner, door panels, and back deck using charcoal speaker carpet and it looks awesome. Also did the visors. Pulled my car out of the stickers thinking it was going to be a head gasket - a whole rebuilt engine, all new struts and bushings - the thing is like on rails and getting a solid 38mpg when I'm driving mad. love my festies. this is my fourth!
              I don't care who is in the office - they had better stop borrowing money my kids' kids' kids won't ever have!!

Comment

• I replaced the alternator belt, which got rid of the squealing it was doing. Taking my girlfriend out in it in a little bit to teach her driving stick shift, so I finally get to prove her dad wrong.... Lets just say I can be a patient person...
                Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                Projects in the works:
                84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Went ahead and ordered a new manual downpipe from rockauto. These things are a bit pricey for just a pipe.

Comment

• Went ahead and decided to put the new lower control arms on.

Both boxes had the same part number on it, but after I put 1 new control arm on, I opened the box for the other, and completely wrong control arm was in it.

I ordered these at the beginning of last month so I have no idea if Rockauto will reimburse me, or send me the proper one. I blame Dorman, not Rockauto, because the part number was right, but the part inside the box was not. Why the flipping hell can't Dorman ever put the proper parts in the proper boxes? This happens all the time at Autozone with wrong parts being in the wrong boxes, and most of those parts that happen like that are Dorman. I know I will never buy anything Dorman again, I gave them one shot and they failed.

So right now the Festy sits with 1 new control arm, and one old one with a shot ball-joint. I know the passenger side one was a complete mess after I pulled it out, ball-joint flopping all over the place.

I am going to need to get some lock-tite for the control arm to framebolt, since I tried tightening it down, and one the bolt reaches a certain point, it pops back and is loose again, almost as if the threads in the nut are stripped. I don't see why they would, the bolt came out pretty easy, I didn't have to use allot of force at all.

Comment

• Helped Eddie today with his Festy.
                      It runs fine until he has to accelerate up hills or just speeding up. It wanted to cut out like it was running out of gas or something.
                      Well, after going through some "process of elimination" it came down to being the vane airflow meter. It was not working properly. We used one I pulled from a JY and it made it run worse. We looked at the contacts and they were corroded bad. So we took the meter out of my parts car Red, which I knew worked, and ta-da!! His car runs great now.
                      1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                      1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                      2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                      2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                      2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                      1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Ordered the stuff to convert to hood struts. 8)

Peeled the heat-shield off the manifold.

Tried to fight the downpipe bolts, but can't get enough leverage. Just going to remove the manifold from the engine, and fight with em in a vice.

Comment

• Installed the clutch lever return spring. No noise when you push down the clutch. I do not miss that spring creaking noise. $1.43 + shipping. I highly recommend this inexpensive replacement. I also installed my dark grey lock knobs. Nice. They will rarely be touched now that I have power locks.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 04-02-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Trying to figure out how to straight pipe it using OEM exhaust parts.

I may be screwed and end up having to spend another $100 on this exhaust and get a cat. =/

I just can't find any pipes that will fit in nice and snug into the oem pipes.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                              Trying to figure out how to straight pipe it using OEM exhaust parts.

I may be screwed and end up having to spend another $100 on this exhaust and get a cat. =/

I just can't find any pipes that will fit in nice and snug into the oem pipes.
                              A muffler guy I know could set you up. He could put a flex pipe in and do away with the cat. He did that on the red festy, Squig. He shapes and fits all pipes. He did the whole exhaust on Squig for $180!!

I plan on taking Blue there too once we figure out some other problems it has.

If interested, pm me and I will give you his number ..... He is in Kentucky.
                              Last edited by muleskinner; 04-03-2014, 10:20 PM.
                              1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                              1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                              1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                              2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                              2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                              2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                              1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Replaced plug ,cap,rotor, plug wires, rad cap. done in 35 mins cost was $90.

tonight to view a 92 Festy for sale I call it a "parts car" many many issues with the car asking $ 1000 canadian funds, I said $200 - 400 after I check the timing belt condition, He asked me to leave , I gave him my business card. wrecking yard will give him $100 if it drive to there location under it own power.

Comment

Working...
                                X