Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitrofarm
    replied
    Loud "Hissing" coming from my barn.

We were working on our Festy's and heard very Angry hissing coming from the corner. Cobra's def dont like Festy's :nono:

Leave a comment:

• shadetree
    replied
    Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• HondaSlayer
    replied
    Painted it!

Put a rattle can paint job on the whip. Don't think it looks to bad. It's the pink CAT plate that sets it off.

Leave a comment:

• tkannegaard
    replied
    put a prepowered mtx sub in the back it's a 10 sounds good hopefully ill have enough money soon to fix my head gasket so i can drive it

Leave a comment:

• spiko
    replied
    Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
    I didn't actually work on my Festiva but I did fix Spiko's car. He now has properly working tail and brake lights!
    And they work great at that! Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• mattman
    replied
    new righty mirror is on thank you sc72 and now headed to a car show in a few not entered in it but just to have a festy there and a tank themed one at that

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    a few days ago I installed my old exhaust from 2 years ago and a gas tank and the rear axle and wheels on my grey car.

last night, finally flex honed the b6. concerned however, as there is an indent in each wall from the oil ring section. 1,2,&4 aren't but .001-.002 maybe? or less. and #3 is awful...and there is general very minor pitting in each...

pics
    #3 http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/p...d/100_8047.jpg
    #3 http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/p...d/100_8048.jpg
    top view http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/p...d/100_8053.jpg

I have a nylon abrasive brush I'm going to run through it as well but I'm wondering if I get a 120grit flex hone I can scrub more material than with the current one I have (which I think is 240 or 3** something). I'm happy with my crosshatch patterns tho
    Last edited by walth; 01-07-2012, 08:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Swapped the JVC cd player over from the Aspire yesterday. Nice to have a good radio in there. Really needs some more bass though. Might start swapping the everything from the Aspire this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Finally got around to doing a little more to Danny's motor today. Got the flywheel and clutch on the new motor, as well as the water pump and water neck. Still need to get the water inlet cleaned up and installed along with its pipe and o-ring. Pulled the old front crank seal too, but I forgot that the front seal was still in the other box-o'-parts back at my house, so I didn't get to finish up the seal and timing belt like I'd hoped. Oh well, there's a weekend coming up

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Not today but in recent history:
    Changed sparkplugs to NGK V-Power 6261. I had some Autolites in it that I just stuck in to get the motor running. Have no idea what heat range they are. Haven't noticed and power or mileage improvements. Not expecting any, but would be nice.

Blocked off radiator. Setup the cardboard to be adjustable and slide horizontally exposing up to half the radiator. However, the past few days have been unseasonably warm- supposed to hit 73 degrees today. My car heated up more than enough earlier but turning the heater on full brought the temp down to normal.

Turned up the gain and boost on my sub amp. I didn't know a 10" subwoofer could hit so hard- and still sound good- hardly any distortion at high volume on fast, hard beats. I've been running it at about 1/3-1/5 power on the amp and about 60% on the head unit. I'll just leave the amp turned up and use the head unit to turn down the bass when I don't want my rearview mirror to point downward.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Just ordered tires on tirerack

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    Pulled the interior panels out of my 93. Ran the new battery cables, and intake piping.

Leave a comment:

• rockin86ranger
    replied
    Today i tore the dash apart, mounted a new tire, and started to rough out the damage from when my brother hit a bridge. Yesterday i put the mass air flow sensor from my parts car on and took the fender, grill, bumper, and headlights off my parts car to swap to my black one. I still need to swap the cv shaft over and put all the sheetmetal on (and i need to straighten part of the core support)

Then hopefully one of these days i'll get around to swapping my 4 speed with my 5speed

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
    I drove Fajita home (black GL auto I recently bought) from work today, 22 miles, haven't replace the swaybar end bushings yet, but aired the tires up from 12 psi to 45 psi and the front had hardly any shake to it, only got up to about 45mph because of a collapsed HLA.

Pulled the VC and replaced that with a spare. No more ticky!!

Sprayed some orange cleaner under the hood and hosed it off.
    Sounds like a keeper, Black GL FTW

Leave a comment:

Working...
X