Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HondaSlayer
    replied
    I got one racing seat in. Now I just need to see if I can pry the other one away from my friend to put it in also.

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    That valve cover makes it almost seem like you got dirty doing the swap or somethin

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    i like it!

Leave a comment:

• FeistyFesti
    replied
    Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    I did as well, though my first one was a bigger battery and I wasn't able to make a tray for it to sit on, had to ratchet strap it to the inner fender lol. This is much cleaner, and with a smaller battery. It is a 300cca U1R commonly used in riding mowers and golf carts. Should be enough for this car since it is a 5 speed with no AC. I had a 285cca one in my BP car for a while with no problems.

For the cables I'm going to run the positive along the front with the main harness up there that I had to pull out and rewrap after getting the VAF harness out of it. The negative I ran straight to the body under one of the airbox bracket bolts and then down to the engine. Should work right? Since thats basically what it used to do on the other side just bolted to the trans body rather than the block?
    Thank you so much for this info, I've been thinking of doing the exact same relocation with a 300amp lawn mower man battery but never got a definitive answer about its reliability. Now I know and knowing is half the battle, Thanks Hatchback!!

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Tray installed... 100% bolt on with the factory airbox removed.

Battery in with nifty cambuckle tiedown. Still need to adjust it a little so the buckle is in the middle instead of to the side so it is easier to tighten, but it should work just fine.

Buckle stays hooked together, and the whole thing is attached to the tray on the passenger side, and has a 1" hook on the driver side.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Rubber bungie wasn't tight enough on mine. I had about 1/2" clearance between battery and timing cover! Lol, that U1R makes all the difference in the world.

H: 7 3/4" (including the terminals)
    L: 7 3/4"
    W: 5 1/4"

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    Thanks movin!!!!! And I prefer a rubber bungy hatchback haha. I'd really like to locate it to the back but I'm a light service man/ emergency tow truck driver so the back of the Festy is already full haha.

Leave a comment:

• Movin
    replied
    Originally posted by 91mcnasty View Post
    ^ that speedo noise absolutely infuriates me!!! Anybody know of a good cable lube? I've tried alot of stuff and it only works for about a week.
    Walmart synthetic marine wheel bearing grease
    I use the little hand gun tube 3 packs

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    I know, its coming up fast lol! But this week at least I've been getting things done at a pretty good rate too.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    drool man joseph its coming along nice, i cant wait to pick her up on the 29th!!!!

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    I did as well, though my first one was a bigger battery and I wasn't able to make a tray for it to sit on, had to ratchet strap it to the inner fender lol. This is much cleaner, and with a smaller battery. It is a 300cca U1R commonly used in riding mowers and golf carts. Should be enough for this car since it is a 5 speed with no AC. I had a 285cca one in my BP car for a while with no problems.

For the cables I'm going to run the positive along the front with the main harness up there that I had to pull out and rewrap after getting the VAF harness out of it. The negative I ran straight to the body under one of the airbox bracket bolts and then down to the engine. Should work right? Since thats basically what it used to do on the other side just bolted to the trans body rather than the block?
    Last edited by htchbck; 01-13-2012, 10:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    That's where I relocated my battery when I did the BP swap!!!

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    That's a really decent battery location, nice job :thumbright:

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Throttle bracket installed! After looking at that pic I realized that there was too sharp of a bend going at the bracket end, so I rerouted the cable a tad and its smooth now

And here is how the battery tray sits. Still have to take it back out and drill one more mount hole in the back, then clean up and paint and shes done! Has an inch of clearance between hood and terminals with hood closed. Not too bad

Last edited by htchbck; 01-13-2012, 10:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X