Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Think I'll throw on a new head gasket. Pretty sure that's what's netting me ~26 mpg. Lack of compression.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Progress!

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Finished Festivafication of Danny's motor today:

Installed:

Intake piping mocked up:

Leave a comment:

• zoom zoom
    replied
    I got the 626 multifunction switch spliced into the aspire's wiring harness, also hooked up the horn/airbag to the aspires sockets, hopefully I got it right, I'll plug it in tomorrow and see what happens.

also took my minivan in for a front end alignment, it needed it bad since I changed the ball joint. The steering pump is still whining a little bit, not nearly as bad as before, I don't remember hearing it before so I think something is wrong with it, but I don't know what, the haynes manual is MIA for that vehicle.
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 01-09-2012, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Had another no start scare with the girlfriends white 92 GL. It happened to be an easy fix. Battery died because the brake light switch was left closed when the pedal's brake light switch pad slipped again. Dead battery but swapped in another for now, fixed the pad to turn off the brake lights.

On another note, I'm driving my Festiva again for the first time in what feels like months. $10 for just under a half tank. She missed me

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Finished everything on Danny's motor except swapping the motor mount bracket. Barely room to get to the bolt under the intake on a B3/early B6, the later B6 has the heater pipe on the intake even lower, so there was no way I could get a socket on it. Gonna have to use one of my beefy box wrenches on it and hit with a hammer. Ha! Lol.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    On Friday I changed out the fuel pressure regulator on my 93 automatic. Drove it to Huntsville AL and back. Got 25 mpg the whole way there and back. Joy.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Finished building Danny's steering knuckles with new bearing and rotors today.

Leave a comment:

• walth
    replied
    flex honed my b6, cleaned pistons once more, installed crank and pistons and rings, going good

Leave a comment:

• Grey Vw
    replied
    Welded the diff pin but was too tired to put the tranny back in. I hope this tranny doesn't die.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Waxed it yesterday, today I pulled a head off a Miata at PAP, it's in great shape and only cost $37.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    ...still waiting on my buddy to put the engine in the Smurf.

As much as I'm spending in fuel to drive the truck, I may as well have just paid someone to put it in.
    Last edited by Christ; 01-09-2012, 12:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Darlo
    replied
    Originally posted by timmay89 View Post
    Sasquatch and I replaced the heater core out of my white BP festiva today as it was over heating and no heat was coming into the cabin. We did the entire job in 2.5 hours!!!! Record timing, and we now have heat in the cabin and not in the engine bay.
    Crap! I totally forgot about that! I was going to come help! Sounds like you guys were alright though, and Mike fixing mine just 6 weeks prior helped (considering the time you were able to do it in!)

Still I cant believe I forgot! Sorry
    Last edited by Darlo; 01-08-2012, 11:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• timmay89
    replied
    Sasquatch and I replaced the heater core out of my white BP festiva today as it was over heating and no heat was coming into the cabin. We did the entire job in 2.5 hours!!!! Record timing, and we now have heat in the cabin and not in the engine bay.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X