Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the pic's, it's just my two cents but my favorite Corvette is the 61 Vette in pic's 1 and 2 the reason is simple, it has a combination of old and new styling, the bug eye head lights from years past and the new style back half or Stingray tail section that lasted through 67. The 62 was the first year for the 327, and on a side note you spoke of an old Charger, well back in the 60's myself and a few friends decided to do some stock car racing so I chose a 57 Convertible (easy to get the roll cage in) the other fellas chose other styles or Chevy's and Fords The last guy says hey I got a 66 Charger given to me but it doesn't, so he dragged it over to my Mom and Dads to work on it, Great looking car, Grey w/ a Black interior, but we all laughed when he raised the hood and showed us a nice clean 426 Hemi, that's right a Hemi, to this day it's the only 66 Dodge Charger that I have seen or heard of with that engine, if we only knew what that car would be worth in later years.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Looked to check if the timing was off a tooth on my B6.

No, it isn't off, it is smack dab perfect, camshaft sprocket at 12 and 3, and the crankshaft sprocket key notch lining up perfectly with the mark on the block. So there should be no reason the dizzy has to be bottomed out to get into proper timing.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Removed and replaced the driver side inner tie rod.
        What a nightmare!
        Note to others a pipe wrench with a 1 foot cheater bar is the way to go!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
          Note to others a pipe wrench with a 1 foot cheater bar is the way to go!
          I have a four foot Ridgid pipe wrench for when the going gets tough.
          That did not help me change my door latches yesterday. I replaced the Canadian latches with U.S. latches. One of the arms was bent on the Canadian latch, so when I slammed the door shut for the first time, it wouldn't open. I had to pull out the power lock acruator rod and make another one. The new one is about a quarter inch longer. Next time, I will supply power to the latch and join the return wire to the Viper yellow. I am looking forward to opening the door without de-activating the alarm. Burglars will be in for a special surprise. With the price of gas going up, you can't afford to take any chances. I don't remember seeing anyone wire up door alarms in a Festiva. If it works like it should, I will take a video.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 06-21-2014, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• I'd be interested to see how you set that up. Already had someone siphon gas after breaking through the gas door. Got a locking cap on that now.
            '91 Festiva
            '69 F350 flatbed farm truck
            '10 Equinox
            '95 Suburban
            '05 Vegas
            '02 Vstar 650 bobber project

Comment

• Captain, I have more than enough length after snipping the wires on the U.S. latches. All I have to do is to shorten and reterminate the existing re-purposed connectors. I hooked everything up to the door connector expecting to use it for door speakers. I changed my mind. I will take a picture and show you how easy it is. If I am really desperate for door speakers or door lights, I still have the connectors for non-existent door lock switches available inside each door. I also have about four unused positions in my 13 position door connectors. The terminals must be in three rows in order to fit easily through the door holes.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 06-21-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                I have a four foot Ridgid pipe wrench for when the going gets tough.
                That did not help me change my door latches yesterday.
                Nor would it have helped you get this inner tie rod end off with only 16-18" of ground clearance and an axle shaft in the way!
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Pushed it onto the street need to make room in the garage to pull the new heart. Also learned it wasn't the original engine!
                  91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                  06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                  95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Friday I put a new exhaust pipe and muffler on Bessie and yesterday I changed the oil in Nellie. After the trip to St. Louis last week Nellie now has 98,309 miles on her.

Comment

• Replaced bad bearings and struts in Daniels car today with timken bearings and kyb gr2's. After last weekend's transmission in his car, he is now ready to get it inspected. Another Festiva rescued!

Here he is putting the trim back in, surprise action pic..

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Finishing up the bolt together of the Aspire engine and tranny. New flywheel and clutch too. Now I can get it headed towards the GL Sport and bolt it all in!
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Car wash and an oil change ling with some more work on the FMS bumper.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada
                          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Installed a tach cluster after my speedometer cable broke last week. The speedometer jumps at low speeds and shakes at higher speeds, but it's interesting to see the RPMs on an auto car
                            -Zack
                            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• I lost the keys to my engine swap car!
                              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Replaced rear bearings and drums.
                                So much quieter!
                                '92 Aqua parts Car
                                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                                X