Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Will we be seeing either of these at Westiva in July?
    Depends on which one needs less work.. Farmstiva hit a porcupine and has a rubbing in the front left that's preventing me from driving. The new one has some (it sounds like) brake rubbing in the back, and I've never had it insured under my name.

But would love to do a Festiva road trip, may leave the wife at home on it because she doesn't like how small the Festy's are. Which makes it a selling feature some times. >=)
    Carz:
    '09 Ford F-150
    '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
    '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
    225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
    ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
      Now I have to figure out why Blues headlights are not working all of a sudden.
      Check those underhood fusible links. Bet you you've just lost one, likely the one closest to the left fender.

Do yourself a favor and replace them with these:

or even

I did that, and it made me a way happier camper.
      Carz:
      '09 Ford F-150
      '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
      '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
      225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
      ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

• +1 fusible links!

Bravekozak:
        Gonna go to Canadian Tire tomorrow and get a new socket and impact wrench...gonna definately have to get a set of impact sockets.
        1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
        2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by darrenryall View Post
          Check those underhood fusible links. Bet you you've just lost one, likely the one closest to the left fender.

Do yourself a favor and replace them with these:

or even

I did that, and it made me a way happier camper.
          Thanks, I tried that, but that isn't the problem unfortunately.
          1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
          1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
          1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
          2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
          2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
          2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
          1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• I am new to the forum and just recently acquired a festiva i think i blew the motor in it i was riding some dirtroads and it started lossing power then smoking then the temp started to rise and shut off. I think rings cause of the amount of blowby out the oil fill hole but someone told me it could have jumped time plz help

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
              Tried removing the rear struts but the lower bolt on the driver side wont budge...cracked my socket. Now I think my electric impact is pooched too! Passenger side came out fine so I just tightened it back up.

Running rear maxima kyb grp 2 strut springs in the front now though lol.
              They have this horrible tendency to sort of weld themselves to the section they pass through. There are a few solutions that search may turn up. If you have a welder, there is a quick and dirty way to accomplish removal...

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                Put another speedo cable in mine. Skimsucka hooked it up! Thanks Rj.

Fa sho, Fa sho!
                93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
                  +1 fusible links!

Bravekozak:
                  Gonna go to Canadian Tire tomorrow and get a new socket and impact wrench...gonna definately have to get a set of impact sockets.
                  I shop at Empire Liquidators a lot.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 05-21-2014, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    I shop at Empire Liquidators a lot.
                    *fangirl scream*

I think Im getting a new impact wrench tonight!

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                      They have this horrible tendency to sort of weld themselves to the section they pass through. There are a few solutions that search may turn up. If you have a welder, there is a quick and dirty way to accomplish removal...

Going to try again with a new socket today

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post

I had to grind the bolts off of Blue to get the struts off. The bolt was rusted solid in the strut sleeve. The bolt was turning but wasn't coming out. It broke the welded nut off on the other side.
                        1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                        1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                        1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                        2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                        2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                        2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                        1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• After 3 days of rejection, finally found an emissions tester that tested models older than 1996. Passed. Tomorrow tag office to make it official...me owning Flash :woc:

Comment

• Originally posted by syn3000 View Post
                            After 3 days of rejection, finally found an emissions tester that tested models older than 1996. Passed. Tomorrow tag office to make it official...me owning Flash :woc:
                            Congrats!

Looks like I accidentally tightened my serpentine belt too much and got my damn charge light again. Dammit.

Dave Forget

Comment

• New Moog ball joints & sway bushings installed. I shouldn't be surprised the inner rods are failed/flopped, but it is very noticeable now. 125k mi
                              Last edited by purg3d; 05-22-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• New KYB GR2 front struts. cleaned up and re-greased the washer bearings.

Didn't really know the condition of the struts that were on there, they looked factory to me.

Passenger's side strut was still usable, but had a bit of a slow return, and took a bit of extra effort to compress the rod, but not much.
                                The Driver's side was completely shot, took quite a bit more effort to compress, and the rod wouldn't spring back out.
                                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X