Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapped the ignition, and driver side door lock into my 91'. Still need to do the hatch and passenger door.

Also unhooked the lock actuator from the lock rod in the driver door. Will do the same to the passenger side when I change out it's lock.
    Need to get a higher quality lock actuator, the ebay ones are too weak to properly do the job anymore.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Went to find out why my car was still overheating after the radiator was swapped out, and found out I have a slightly cracked head...

Comment

• I'm gonna fib a little.
        But both the Fesity and Aspire have a custom white wrap put on them today.
        I'll take the credit as I left the cars parked for the day, but we all know that mother nature actually performed the wrap.
        Attached Files
        Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• That's nothing. It's -23C or -8F here this morning.
          I have my second set of Sentra wipers, ceramic coated valve cover and red powder air cleaner waiting to go back in.
          As far as I'm concerned, the Festiva can sit on the blocks until it gets a little bit warmer.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 02-13-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• All the snow is way south of us. Our fist real snow was on February 1st. Hurry spring. I am ready to change my air cleaner, valve cover, distributor and rad on the first warm day above freezing.

Comment

• Not on the Festiva, but broke a rim on the Monte Carlo.

Slid into a curb yesterday morning. (It was extremely icy out) but everything seemed fine, drove it the rest of the way to work, back from work. But then later when I went out, I pulled into a parking lot, and that is when it gave out, and it was the piece of the rim that the tire bead rests on, so instant flat-tire when it broke. So glad it was at low speed in a parking lot, and not on the highway. Also glad the car still had a good donut.

Looks like I will have to get the wheel and tire from upull in cincy, because apparently the local LKQ don't sell aluminum rims bigger than 15" and the monte alloys are 16s. Granted everyone that works there ringing you up for the parts is getting paid minimum wage in a run down part of town, and probably wouldn't give two shits. But Upull has 5 fifth gen montes in the yard so, yeah better chance at finding one with a good tire. And only about $50 total for wheel and tire.

Comment

• pic

Comment

• I got my keyless entry wired up today. They work great. Not a real kit but still fun to have. Ordered a universal keyless entry with electric locks. Only thing left is to wired up the hatch and Im all set.
                  1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
                  1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
                  2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
                  2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
                  2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
                  1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

• I posted in a new thread, but I acquired a complete 91 XR2 Turbo as a donor for my Festy!
                    It's going to be a fun year.
                    Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by 90fastiva View Post
                      I got my keyless entry wired up today. They work great. Not a real kit but still fun to have. Ordered a universal keyless entry with electric locks. Only thing left is to wired up the hatch and Im all set.
                      Hopefully yours will last, my actuators got too weak to fully lock and unlock the doors. Mine was a $35 kit off eBay. Also the remotes were worthless beyond 20 feet, and 2 of the actuators I put in the hatch completely failed.
                      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 02-21-2015, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                        Hopefully yours will last, my actuators got too weak to fully lock and unlock the doors. Mine was a $35 kit off eBay. Also the remotes were worthless beyond 20 feet, and 2 of the actuators I put in the hatch completely failed.

Maybe so. If not im not out of a lot of money. I paid 45 for them. If picks up further than I expected it to. I got about 30 feet away and still locked and unlocked good. Time will tell I guess.
                        1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
                        1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
                        2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
                        2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
                        2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
                        1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                          pic

This is one of the primary reasons I no longer drive on alloy rims during the winter! Steel wheels are inexpensive, and they do not shatter when it's cold. Sorry about your mishap laddy but do yourself a favour and next time around put your winter tires on steelies.

Comment

• Originally posted by 90fastiva View Post
                            Maybe so. If not im not out of a lot of money. I paid 45 for them. If picks up further than I expected it to. I got about 30 feet away and still locked and unlocked good. Time will tell I guess.
                            I'd say for the time it did work, it was worth it. and I was guesstimating the range. Thinking of just replacing the current control box with a cheap Viper unit, and find some factory actuators from other cars that I could rig up to work.
                            Last edited by TorqueEffect; 02-22-2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Not on my festiva but it is festiva related
                              uploadfromtaptalk1424667931200.jpg
                              Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Bought mine not running. Now it runs and even took it for a quick spin through the neighborhood.
                                Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X