Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya about the rust comment, now your just showing off, come to Iowa and i'll show you what it's like to remove a rusted strut bolt.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc72 View Post
      Ya about the rust comment, now your just showing off, come to Iowa and i'll show you what it's like to remove a rusted strut bolt.
      I have a smoke wrench. I know how. I work on 50s and 60s benz's for a living, know all about rust.

Comment

• Started it!
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Put my new to me dd BP on the engine stand and started to clean it. Blasted parts and then painted parts. Gonna be nice. It is ta Protege BP so I will probably build that one and leave the EGT BP (currently in the car) as it sits.

Started sorting out some engine mounts for the build car, gettin ready to start fabbing up another set. Wanna move it into the drivers frame rail about a 1/8". Got the notch marked out and will start cutting ASAP.
          -Bryant

Comment

• round 2: ding!

got the new rear drums on/wheel bearings replaced.
            changed the rear brake hoses, put the rear wheels on

removed front knuckles, rebuilt with new bearings.

found out i need new calipers up front, so i gotta order some.

replaced steering rack boots and tie rod ends, replaced both axles and axle seals, replaced lower control arms

fitted the struts, got it all together and back on the wheels.

round 3 to come next weekend
            -fill trans
            -engine oil change
            -calipers, and front hoses, fit pads
            -plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter
            -torque axles, set rear bearing preload
            -refit all the rear interior panels after doing the rear struts
            -service a/c system on the big a/c machine.

then itll get a full wash/wax/interior clean and driven a few days, at which point i'll hand the keys over to my kid brother, and he'll have himself a sweet 1990 Lplus, with sunroof, and a/c

Comment

• Complete tear-down on my intake manifold for good measure. Re-wrapped the injector harness, re-did the seals, changed out the gaskets, etc.
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• First I measured (for an exact fit Festiva cover), then I sucked (all of the air out of my A/C system). I intend to sew my own cover and charge my own R-12.

Comment

• Did the Rio swap. Had to "gently" modify the fenders.lol then bolted on some 16's. Soon to come b6t swap! Possibly next week. Lots o pics too. And maybe some rear wheel spacers so I can quit staring at the sky.haha
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Started hearing noises coming from the driver side axle.... not looking forward to wrestling with that pain in the keister.... it's the knuckle side joint, but I have a feeling someone probably smashed the clip on the tranny side...
                    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                    Projects in the works:
                    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Originally posted by DrMaxwellEdison View Post
                      Started hearing noises coming from the driver side axle.... not looking forward to wrestling with that pain in the keister.... it's the knuckle side joint, but I have a feeling someone probably smashed the clip on the tranny side...
                      Over the weekend I did the suspension on my brothers car, including axles..... I had bad thoughts going in, the axles on my former festiva were a BEAR to get out, wrestle, fight, cuss, bigger pry bars...... These on this car, just popped right out. The driver side axle came out of the inner cv, so when I popped the cv out the trans, it nearly hit me in the face.

Comment

• I acquired this car from my dad. I don't much care for the mechanics he does business with, I've had to rework a bunch of crap on this car. I've done this on 2-3 out of the Festivas in my stable. Granted I don't like doing axles and stuff it still doesn't make me miss shelling out the cash for parts on my Volkswagen that is sitting where this Festiva used to sit all day not being used.... can't see why dad never opened the funtop. I'm looking for replacement parts for that but have been unlucky. It has a logo for ASC (tm) but I haven't found any information on that company or what the initials stand for
                        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                        Projects in the works:
                        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Installed the Gorilla Automotive Parts wheel studs & lug nuts on the front .
                          I had bought Empi studs but broke 2 when tightening the lug nuts, will not every trust Empi again , they were hollow.
                          Gorillas are lifetime garunteed.
                          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• [QUOTE=DrMaxwellEdison;661780It has a logo for ASC (tm) but I haven't found any information on that company or what the initials stand for[/QUOTE]

ASC

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                              Installed the Gorilla Automotive Parts wheel studs & lug nuts on the front .
                              I had bought Empi studs but broke 2 when tightening the lug nuts, will not every trust Empi again , they were hollow.
                              Gorillas are lifetime garunteed.
                              Yeah I had bought those Gorilla ones as well, but too big to fit my Konig Incidents.
                              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Need to run new speaker wires to the doors, ones I was using was extremely cheap crap, so right now working with a janky setup of 1 door speaker on the driver's side, and 1 dash speaker on the passenger side until I can pick up some good speaker wire.

Went ahead and put a horn from a Geo Metro in, the aftermarket one I had crapped out already. This is only temporary, would eventually like to get a decent sounding horn, I don't care for wimpy little meep-meep type horns.

Also took the dizzy cap off to inspect the contacts and rotor. Rotor looked pretty bad so I cleaned it up with some sandpaper, and also cleaned up the dizzy cap contacts as well.

Then put the support brace for the hood latch back on.
                                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X