Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF festiva. Lol it does hurt.

Pulled my heater core because its leaking! In like an hour or so lol, hardest part was those stupid tension clamps with the BP in the car.

Bypassed it for now until I can get a new core.
    1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• def, was there dirt in the fins? Or, was the heater core fairly clean?
      Where is the leak? Is it at a solder joint? If so, just resolder (50/50).
      To find the leak attach a couple of holes, submerge the core in a sink filled with water, pinch one hose, blow onto the other and look for the air bubbles.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 07-19-2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• went to the wrecking yard.......

they had a pretty mint (straight, no rust, but super dirty inside) 89 automatic, with 82k miles....... was able to get the center dash surround, a full set of popout latches and "hinges" with all the hardware, a dimmer switch, and an A/C switch.

also got a set of castle nuts and no-rotate washers from an aspire.

was going to pull the rear spindles, and smoothy tail lights, but figured i didnt NEED them, and i would leave em for the next guy.

this was at the Stanton, CA pick your part. it went on yard 2 days ago.

Comment

• My 89 automatic has 84,209 on it.
          One part I really need (if it still has all the paint on it) is the plastic insert at the shift lever base which shows the gear position. Mine has lots of paint missing on the inside and looks crappy.
          If you go back, could you check it out and let me know what you would charge to get it and ship it to 29412? Please PM me if this is a possibility.

Just though....my apologies.. I guess I should have put this in the WTB section.
          Last edited by 1990new; 07-19-2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Got my a/c working for the most part.

Just now trying to figure out why it isn't ice cold, but only just cold. Maybe I just need to test it on a hotter day. it's been rather cool lately.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• brave,

I believe a broken solder joint is causing the current leaking problem.

Over the winter there was the smell of coolant coming through the heater so the leak could have developed already inside the core.

If it just a joint to sauder that is causing both problems thatll save a ton of money!
              Last edited by defprun; 07-21-2014, 05:48 AM.

Dave Forget

Comment

• If you have never done any plumbing work before, just take the heater core to your nearest rad repair shop. They will fix it for you while you watch.

Comment

• Theyll do a leak test too eh? Might go that route

Dave Forget

Comment

• Brought new axles, only needed one but for30 bucks, eh why not.
                    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• changed it over from carb to efi and dropped a b8-me in it with 44k on it

Comment

• VF10 Hybrid all ready to rock and roll!
                        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post

VF10 Hybrid all ready to rock and roll!

Getting dressed up.
                          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• Bad day today. Power steering pressure gauge read zero with wheels straight, turned to the left, turned to the right and with the valve closed. I presume the gauge is broken. I will test it with compressed air tomorrow. Power steering not working properly. Still requires muscle to turn the wheel.

Replaced old style A/C switch with new style one.

Comment

• Need a protege MC because mine is pooched and just ordered a "step down" silicone coupling so I can finally start and run the car for more than 3 seconds.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Tried to clean my fusible link block cracked it trying to get out the wires, luckily I have an extra one,bad thing is I still can't get them dang 2 wires pulled.
                                They all Came right out of the replacement block.

Comment

Working...
                                X