Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered the Drums and Timkin bearings. Actually saved allot on shipping by buying the bearings. Because shipping was $18 for just the drums, so it came out for be $50 total for just the drums, but I threw the bearings on there for both sides and came out to $60 total shipped. I'll just buy the seals at work because rockauto didn't have any rear seals that would ship from the same location as the drums and bearings.

This rear Aspire swap is going to cost me around $200 total. But that is with new struts, bearings, drums and seals. I hope I didn't lose the spindle nut.

Anyone know of a good easy to find replacement cotterpin spindle nut for an aspire swap? Autozone has them for special order, but there is no damn way I am paying $16 for just 1. Or can I just use the stake nuts from a Festiva?
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-21-2014, 06:25 PM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Towed my B6 Festy back home!!!

Need a trans.......
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• got the axle with ebrake cable from upullandpay.

Struts came today, and the drums and bearings shipped today.

Hopefully I can get the brake lines off of the wheel cylinders so i don't have to buy those new either.

Guhh I I thought the rear end swap was going to be cheaper than the front, but I was sadly mistaken.
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-22-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• I was very lucky. The complete Aspire conversion was already done for me when I bought my Festiva on eBay.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 10-22-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Well got half of the rear aspire conversion done. Got the new bearing races, bearings, and seals installed in the new drums, then mounted them to the axle.

Removed the old aspire brake lines from the beam, and installed a new nicklecopper alloy brake line on the driver's side. So as it sits, the beam is ready to be installed on the car. Still need to disconnect the ebrake cable from my old beam which is still attached to the car, but I did get all but 1 bolt out of the festiva beam. Ran out of daylight, will need to finish in the morning before I have to leave for work at 3:30.

I forgot to take the strut bolt with me from the junkyard. So what thread pitch is the M10 strut bolts? I am guessing from a power of deduction it is 1.00 because I tried both 1.25, and 1.50 M10 bolts and they didn't thread right.

Also is the Class 8.8 Metric bolts you get from lowes safe/strong enough to use? These bolts are the only thing keeping the car from falling on the tires going down the road, so that is extremely dangerous if they were to break.
            Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-23-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• . Took the lower half of the center console from my mother in laws wrecked Pontiac Montana, and made it fit. I like it. Now I have a place for my CDs and change.
              Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• And two extra cigarette lighters if I bother with wiring them
                Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• I watched mine get loaded up yesterday on a car hauler on it's way to big springs texas

Comment

• Aspire beam is in position under the car, and the festy beam with shot struts are sitting in the side yard. Just had to get both the brake lines hooked up before I lost all my brake fluid, I think I just got it in time before the reservoir was empty. Was a bit of a pig getting the axle out with the struts still attached, luckily they were so shot I just pushed the rods on both of them all the way in and they stayed put giving me more wiggle room to pull it out from the side.

Comment

• Installed my Smart Car windshield washer nozzle.
                      Thanks for the idea & heads up brave.
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaslackers View Post
                        I think we have gone a different direction than most with our Festiva, we turned it into a home! You all have been such a help in keeping my home alive over the Years so please there is no need for you to Pledge to this project but I thought it would be fun to see your reactions to this http://kck.st/1yI7AlT the best thing you could do is share the link with your friends, we hope this makes you smile!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16496[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16497[/ATTACH]

Sam very cool video. You should make your own thread with your journeys so people on here can follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaslackers View Post
                          I think we have gone a different direction than most with our Festiva, we turned it into a home! You all have been such a help in keeping my home alive over the Years so please there is no need for you to Pledge to this project but I thought it would be fun to see your reactions to this http://kck.st/1yI7AlT the best thing you could do is share the link with your friends, we hope this makes you smile!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16496[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16497[/ATTACH]
                          Very cool video just shared it
                          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by blueoval View Post
                            I watched mine get loaded up yesterday on a car hauler on it's way to big springs texas
                            Glad to hear you got it sold, so it went to Texas did it go to a member.
                            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Today I rode by my 91 on the John Deere while mowing the lawn.. Still researching ideas
                              Last edited by jayber; 10-24-2014, 06:33 PM.
                              N3WBI3

Comment

• Now I have a place for my CDs and change.
                                What's that red switch for where your ashtray should be?

Comment

Working...
                                X