Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350, 89s did not have rear shoulder belts (that is why I have 89 rear speaker grilles in my 93). Welcome to the world of feedback (computer controlled) carbs. Search for the Aspire conversion, and no more pressing. Use this site as a reference and I am sure you will save yourself a lot of unwelcome surprises.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 03-16-2015, 05:44 AM.

Comment

• I know they didn't but mine will... the holes are there in the very back hatch beam so they should be there under the panel. just bought the car need it to make it til next tax season for brake upgrade

Comment

• finely roads dry took festiva for a ride run like new on my way back home stop at red light engine light came on pulled over car running smooth get out to check under hood everyb thing looks good shut off to check fluids all clean and good get back in start up engine light off.drive abought 2 miles engine light on keep driving for home check engine light goes off any 1 know what this could be as i say car run great didnt miss a heart beat,could it be from sitting all winter, car is a automatic all stock.

Comment

• car only has 41,000 orig miles

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
            Do you have a pic? I'd love to see that.
            They're in storage about 25 miles from here and so they're not readily available. You might Google or search eBay for early 90's Civic four door. The driver's door electric window arm rest is flat to accommodate four window switches, but the rear driver's side matches the right side. I got both left side arm rests should I decide to try put van type electric window openers in the back.
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              Silly kone.
              What is silly kone ?
              Some kind of Canadian chewing gum?
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                ^lol. At least where you are you can expect it at any given time. Here in Ohio we can get 60* and sun, 40* and rain, 30* and snow, or just plain drabby all in the course of 1 day. Take it all in for a week and you can see a 65* temp change.
                That sort of thing happens here all the time too. I've seen the temperature go from -30ºF(-34ºC) to +30ºF (-1ºC) in an hour thanks to one of our beloved chinooks. Another example... 86ºF (30ºC) on Monday then 20ºF (-7ºC) with 6" (15cm) of snow on Thursday of the same week.

Love Calgary weather!
                Last edited by fastivaca; 03-16-2015, 09:23 AM.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                  What is silly kone ?
                  Some kind of Canadian chewing gum?
                  HSi(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-SiH(CH3)2

And that is probably shorter than the real thing.
                  Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                  Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• Today I made some front brake lines, tomorrow some rear ones.
                    Today installed the drivers side Rio strut with Aspire hub, new brake hose, and new inner/outer tires rods.
                    Yesterday I installed the Aspire brake booster and master cylinder. Patched a hole in the drivers floor board.
                    Last edited by ottoparts; 03-16-2015, 07:13 PM.
                    Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Icedawg View Post
                      HSi(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-Si(CH3)2-O-SiH(CH3)2

And that is probably shorter than the real thing.
                      Got it.
                      Why didn't you say so the first time ?

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Fresh coat of black enamel on the Capri airbox for Pedro.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Replaced my smashed fender today and replaced the stock paper-like speakers with some nice Kenwoods. Replaced the right rear wheel cylinder and two brake lines. Now I have brakes!
                          92 Ford Festiva GL- DD/WIP Deathstiva
                          97 Ford Ranger 2.3l 5-speed- parts getter

Comment

• i tried to get it running properly, still no luck. im beyond stumped. ir runs ok in neutral or park, then dont want to move inn gear, but we also cleaned the interior.
                            1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                            1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                            1983 Chevy Elcamino
                            1993 Ford Festiva GL
                            2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                            some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

• Replaced Radiator & lower radiator hose.
                              lower hose was a pain with no lift.

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Got it running, aligned, and back on the route again!!!! SO HAPPY! Saves me over $150 a month in gas!
                                Buck.
                                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X