Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    It's nice to be actually able to get good coverage to actually wash your windshield instead of hoping for rain just so you can wash off the big spot of bird crap.
    You must learn to stop parking directly under trees and telephone wires all of the time. I didn't tell anyone how I incrementally drilled the hole larger, then smoothed the rough edge with a Dremel grinder, then carefully notched it, followed with a little touch up paint.

Comment

• Today, I finally got around to changing my taillight gaskets.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 05-17-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Today, I finally got around to changing my taillight gaskets.
        I need to do this too. I currently have no gaskets on there at all. lol
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
          I need to do this too. I currently have no gaskets on there at all. lol
          Don't forget the old mousepad trick.

Comment

• Put a FestivaMadness decal on Trixie.

Festiva Madness decal.jpg

I would put a Fordfestiva.com decal on one of my Festivas but the one that I won in the "value of the coins in the jar" contest a few year ago still hasn't shown up.
            Last edited by 1990new; 05-17-2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Cleaned and painted flat black 2 of my 4 new steelies. Not much accomplished since I had to work
              1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
              1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
              2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

• Yesterday, I changed out the alternator on my blue BP swapped car. It wasn't nearly as much of a pain as I thought it would be, just have to do almost everything from under the car. I finally got to drive to work this morning with no charge light after ignoring it for months. I also fix the rear brake adjuster that had fallen apart in the drum so I have an E-brake again. I just need to put some new front brakes on and it'll be ready for the trip down to Ohio on the 30th.

Comment

• Yesterday I cleaned my seats extensively with a Bissell carpet cleaner. They turned out pretty nice. Judging by the dirtiness of the water, they hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in a loooong time.
                  1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
                  2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

Comment

• My "what have you done" started yesterday. I left Lavonia at 5:30am and met Shadetree at the junction of I-77 and I-81 in Virginia at approx 11:00. I swapped cars with him and picked up my silver 90L which now has a B6D in it. It ran good on my 300 mile trip back home. Today, I had my new 165-55-14 Federal Tires installed, had the front end aligned and a new quieter muffler installed. Once home, I replaced my non working auto belt track on the drivers side, only to find that my spare didn't work.
                    Still working on a seat belt solution for it. Next week, lowering the suspension to match my new tires.

Thank you Shadetree for another job well done!!
                    Last edited by Team Lightning; 05-21-2015, 08:13 PM.
                    Jerry
                    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• The seatbelt module might have a bad relay or connection. With the belt still connected, probe for power at the motor
                      -Zack
                      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Painted & installed the Power Mirrors I got from gottafesty !
                        They work prefect ! !
                        And look good !
                        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Replaced the tie rod end on the driver's side. My plan is to replace the inner sometime in the next few days, because I didn't have the tool for it today.

Comment

• Changed the oil, spark plugs, and started stripping/refinishing the parts for my sliding rag top/fun top install. Hopefully get it installed this weekend.
                            93 GL

Comment

• I'm quite sure we found out whats causing my 55+ mph front end vibration.....its a worn out rack....its a reman'd one thats been in there for less than a year....nice work.
                              So thats what I did yesterday. I've been chasing this for a long time, so finally we thinks this will fix it.
                              92 GL, 98k
                              77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• I've got a new rack. It's soo sweet!!
                                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                                X