Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    I have it almost ready to turn over but i am scared. I need to know what goes on what on the starter solenoid, what skinny wire color goes to the alternator, what color skinny wire is the oil pressure switch back of block, what color skinny wire goes to the start solenoid. Ill fry if its wrong LOL. two thick terminals on the solenoid, I have a copper terminal on harness and also an O ringlet, much smaller gauge.
    The b+ goes on the fat terminal that has nothing on it (12mm nut?) the ring terminal goes on the smaller stud with the 6mm nut (8mm?).

You can check the ring terminal with a test light, it should only be powered when the key is in start position.

I'm probably wrong, but alt is black/orange? That might have been my EGT...

Can't help the rest.

Leave a comment:

• 91_festy_Gl
    replied
    Aspire valve train would quiet them down wouldn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by 91mcnasty View Post
    All my foxbody mustangs had terribly loud lifters, even if
    They only sat for two or three weeks!
    There's nothing I can do to quiet them down on a festy, right?

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    I have it almost ready to turn over but i am scared. I need to know what goes on what on the starter solenoid, what skinny wire color goes to the alternator, what color skinny wire is the oil pressure switch back of block, what color skinny wire goes to the start solenoid. Ill fry if its wrong LOL. two thick terminals on the solenoid, I have a copper terminal on harness and also an O ringlet, much smaller gauge.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    More pics from the mustang/fessup shoot are in the photo gallery.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Wasn't my festiva but Jack (fessup and festar builder) and I drove to VA beach and dropped off an auto festy for his 17 year old granddaughter. LONG day. Well worth it. When we got there I took pics of Jacks fessup and his sons mustang.

Leave a comment:

• Zanzer
    replied
    Looks fine to me...but I speak fluent Southernese :mrgreen:

Leave a comment:

• kartracer46
    replied
    Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
    light a far & change a tar, hilbillys we r(at least i am)

My old favorite was, kick the tires and light the fires, we goin racin yall!

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    Be nice!!! Haha or I'm gonna steal your BP while your sleeping!!

Leave a comment:

• Charlie1717
    replied
    Originally posted by 91mcnasty View Post
    ^me too
    I'm a redneck in denial!! Lol
    Yes you are.

ha! Just kidding :p

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    ^me too
    I'm a redneck in denial!! Lol

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    Originally posted by Gomez View Post
    I'm sittin' here for the life of me having a tough time with this. Not laughing at you but trying to figure it out. I do have a large smile on my face though.

Best I can figure is "I cranked Chuck over for the first time in a long time".

I usually proofread my posts before posting cause they are usually worse than this by a good bit. :laughing6:
    light a far & change a tar, hilbillys we r(at least i am)

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    All my foxbody mustangs had terribly loud lifters, even if
    They only sat for two or three weeks!

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Htchbck -
    Is "dry lifters" fairly common with these engines?

I ask because Steve taps from the top end, even after a30 mile drive... And the head appears to be new our at least rebuilt, and it's much quieter now than it was when I first started the engine, but still quite pronounced.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    Left out the "first" but other than that I posted what I meant. I sometimes forget that some of ya'll don't speak suthren. But yes, for the record your translation was pretty good. In "good 'ol boy suthren" the word "crunk" means "cranked an engine over". There are also "ATL suthren" translations of that word, but I don't know them lol.
    You're right.

I had to read it aloud, but I actually understood your first post, haha.

Oh, the thread.. right.
    Yesterday I changed driver's front to spare. Another tire with tread separation. I've been waiting on that one- the only 7 year old tire left on the car.
    Today: wash so far. Next up: wax, Bondo Restore Black, interior detail.
    May work on my body moldings.
    Last edited by Oren09; 06-17-2011, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X